a couple with a lil C&C would be sweet ;)

Chris Mccomas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0258-1.jpg

DSC_0304-1.jpg

2. is definately my favorite, I was so excited when I learned how to do the dreamy effect on the water! Good job

The first one doesn't do much for me. Interesting thought, just not very interesting as executed.

I like the second one, but I have some suggestions for composition. I would have framed it to where the waterfall was more on the right of the picture, with empty space on the left, so the water was flowing into the frame. This would also get rid of the rather distracting sun spot on the right. A smaller distraction is the highlights on the water, but this is minor. It's just something I noticed.

Not sure if that's even 2 cents worth, but there you go.

it was pretty tricky to shoot , i was pretty much standing in the water and i couldnt get to the other side due to some great cliffs, but thank you=) i accually learned something compared to nexopia photo fourm

I love your first one. Nice abstract.

#2 is just another waterfall in the woods. Nothing particularly interesting about it to me.

its surprising what you can get with water food coloring and a jug

its surprising what you can get with water food coloring and a jug

So what if it is simple? As an artist I tend to be more interested in and look more at the result than the how. When you work in commercial photography, it is a totally different story but in art, anything goes.

The first image looks more like an abstract painting than a photograph.

The waterfall shot is nice. Try again with a ND (neutral density) filter next time and shoot on a overcast day if possible.

The first image looks more like an abstract painting than a photograph.

The waterfall shot is nice. Try again with a ND (neutral density) filter next time and shoot on a overcast day if possible.

Why should he use a ND filter here? He doesn't really need it -- he already slowed down the exposure enough. If anything I would recommend a polarizing filter.

Also, Chris, I might try desaturating the cyans in your photo to minimize the cyan in the water.

Was just offering a tip used by many others who shoot waterfalls. For his waterfall shot it was a bright sunny day and the lighted areas are blown...an ND filter would help control the light coming through the trees. Water wouldn't be so overexposed either.

Was just offering a tip used by many others who shoot waterfalls. For his waterfall shot it was a bright sunny day and the lighted areas are blown...an ND filter would help control the light coming through the trees. Water wouldn't be so overexposed either.

Alright, I can agree that it's overexposed. It just looks like he had pretty bad lighting for a waterfall shot.

Most reactions

Back