In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Shot @ f4

1. fungus

P1040648sm.jpg

2. wildflower

P1040645sm.jpg

the first one seems a bit busy to me. as for the second my eye is drawn to the top left about the same as the main subject.

Opher, I agree #1 is very busy but that is what nature provided me with. I could have gone back with a tripod & some shears to remove the objectionable grass in the foreground so as to view the mushroom more favorably but I am lazy.

Seriously though, I am a nature shooter & it is often a question of when to modify the view to shoot the target. I am not adverse to removing an obstructing blade of grass or a small branch in a shot & often wish I had when viewing on the computer. However, in this instance it seems appropriate, to me at least, to shoot it as it is.

Ron, I'd usually agree with you, but the first shot appears to be a little harsh. I think if you could have arranged some shade or some kind of diffuser, that would have softened the light a little.

I like the second one a lot, but looking at it, I'm wondering whether you rotated the shot 90 degrees before posting? It just seems kinda sideways to me.

Ron, I'd usually agree with you, but the first shot appears to be a little harsh. I think if you could have arranged some shade or some kind of diffuser, that would have softened the light a little.

Laf. Tis me & my camera out in the field, this subject is nestled in the grass.

I like the second one a lot, but looking at it, I'm wondering whether you rotated the shot 90 degrees before posting? It just seems kinda sideways to me.

That is how it was shot.

:D

Most reactions

Back