What's new

A Curious Combination of Zen

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I ended up procrastinating and picked up my camera and went for a walk around the property. I haven't been for a walk for a while because of some health issues so it was time to get out there and have a good look around. By the end of my walk I found my zen...

As always C&C is welcome and appreciated!
Thanks for taking a look :)

Since it was this view that taunted me enough to get my butt outside I took a shot before I left.
1.





2. I made it around to the pond and failed at the fog, but found some reeds.






3. Ah a wee bit of fog! This is the beautiful boy from next door, the farm sits with us in a valley and the hill towers over the fields, I tried to capture that in this shot.






4. I made my way around to the back of the property where I have the longest view, and I found the fog :)







5. Finally as I wandered back to the house I found my zen in a very curious spot :)

 
Very nice set PR - I especially like #2 - I see that as a huge print hanging in an ultra-modern minimalist livingroom somewhere.
 
Thanks Tirediron :)
 
All interesting and nice photos? Does the #1 have a piece of construction equipment in it? Looks like some kind of metal pole or sail rigging to the USS Constitution.

Horse photo is beautiful with the trees. Are leaves almost down where you are? They are almost down here in Northern MD. (It feels weird when the leaves come down - you start paying more attention to nature all of a sudden and makes you think about other things. And things change from brown and bright colors to grey. Reminds you that time is going by.)

How far were you from the horse and what parameters did you shoot? What camera/lens?

Reeds? Looks like an abstract painting! What's going on? Cool...

Here's one just took with my new LX5. Can't get used to it and software. (Tons of steps to where you want to go - haven't had one decent photo yet..) Other camera is a Canon 20D which is nice w/decent lens (photostream here: Flickr: cool09's Photostream).

$P1010833wa.webp
 

Attachments

  • $1jklw.webp
    $1jklw.webp
    463.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
#2 sees very angry. It's a neat abstract photo, but one which makes me feel anxious. For that reason, I love it and hate it.

#5 creates a clever oxymoron. Good job.
 
They are all good; horse shot is fantastic; i like the abstract nature of the second and last well :D
 
All interesting and nice photos? Does the #1 have a piece of construction equipment in it? Looks like some kind of metal pole or sail rigging to the USS Constitution.

Horse photo is beautiful with the trees. Are leaves almost down where you are? They are almost down here in Northern MD. (It feels weird when the leaves come down - you start paying more attention to nature all of a sudden and makes you think about other things. And things change from brown and bright colors to grey. Reminds you that time is going by.)

How far were you from the horse and what parameters did you shoot? What camera/lens?

Reeds? Looks like an abstract painting! What's going on? Cool...

Here's one just took with my new LX5. Can't get used to it and software. (Tons of steps to where you want to go - haven't had one decent photo yet..) Other camera is a Canon 20D which is nice w/decent lens (photostream here: Flickr: cool09's Photostream).

View attachment 25375
Hi Cool and welcome to the forum :) Ah the ambiguous "thing" in #1 ;) That is a broken down homemade windmill that the old owner made, we plan to fix it up at some point.
Glad you like the horse shot, it is one of my fav's from this set. We had a beautiful autumn but when the remnants of Sandy came through the wind took care of pretty much the rest of the leaves (we are in Midwestern Ontario). You are so right, the bare trees mark time marching on. This year it marks one year here at our new place, much to look back and reflect on.
The horse shot I'm pretty far away, probably had an acre between them and I. Used Canon 60D with Canon 18-200 settings: 1/500 ƒ/8 ISO 800 185 mm
Thanks for the comment on the reeds ;) I tend to try to make things look like something they aren't ;)
Congrats on the new camera! Best advice I can give is first start with composition (your exposure looks ok) there is tons of resource for composition here on TPF so perhaps do a search, having some guidelines in your mind while you shoot will help so much! You are at a great place to learn, posting for C&C can be brutal starting out but it is well worth the work you put into posting and learning :) Looking forward to seeing more of your stuff when you post it for C&C!
#2 sees very angry. It's a neat abstract photo, but one which makes me feel anxious. For that reason, I love it and hate it.

#5 creates a clever oxymoron. Good job.
Thanks Gadfly :) I'll take love it hate it ;)
They are all good; horse shot is fantastic; i like the abstract nature of the second and last well :D
Thanks Nandakumar :) I love the horse shot too, this fellow dances for me every time I visit but he is usually pretty far away, this is the first time I've gotten some shots of him I've liked enough to share!
 
Last edited:
A nice combination. I'd like #2 more as a vertical (before you flipped it sideways), #3 is gorgeous, #4 may look better if you cropped the bottom 20-25% (so that the treelines are in the middle), but that's just my taste... #5 is neat - gritty and intriguing.
 
A nice combination. I'd like #2 more as a vertical (before you flipped it sideways), #3 is gorgeous, #4 may look better if you cropped the bottom 20-25% (so that the treelines are in the middle), but that's just my taste... #5 is neat - gritty and intriguing.
Thanks Paul, there is definitely a more elegant composition in the vertical on #2, I haven't played with it because I shot this with the intention of flipping it but I will revisit as an option ;) Good suggestion on #4, I will try it. The reason I left as much as I did at the bottom was to allow the entire tree on the right but alas I think there might not be enough contrast when left true/foggy, when I up the contrast it totally loses that feeling. I will play.
I love your zen moment! Nice set.

Thanks Bitter :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom