A Day At The Motor Cross Track.

SamSpade1941

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spent some time today at the local track .

$18 Wide Open.jpg

$155 Plowing Dirt.jpg

$155 Waving Off.jpg

$22 Crash and Burn.jpg

Last edited:
You got some nice action shots there. When you post multiple images it helps if you number them.
I think it's all one word - motocross - Motocross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#1 is pretty blurry. Have you ever checked out how to 'pan'?

Action moving parallel to the image sensor, like in #1, needs a faster shutter speed to get sharp focus, but moving the camera, or panning with the action reduces the need for fast shutter speed.
Action moving straight at or away from the camera, 2 & 4, doesn't require as a fast a shutter speed, or panning, to get sharp focus.

Thanks for the tips .. :) The next time I get a chance to go out there I will try that. I usually do not shoot a lot of action. Mainly still life and landscapes.

I think their will be a few sore bodies after that race by the looks

You might think about how you're framing shots; in the second and third photos try covering up the top edge of the picture to eliminate the horizon line that's close to the top of the frame - notice how that brings the viewer's attention to the rider & bike and makes them stand out more. If you can do that when you're shooting that could give you 'cleaner' compositions. In the last one if you could frame it vertically that could eliminate distractions on the right side of the photo and get the entire wheel/tire of the bike and the entire view of the riders in the background.

Shooting sports takes practice and timing so if you know the sport you can anticipate the action - the photos look like you were able to do that well, nice job capturing the moment in the last photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back