What's new

A different look at self portraits

Love the 1st very much...great colors and focus...
u got alot of 20$ bills
 
I like them!

How about the lighting setup?

Thanks for sharing!
 
Thank you both!
I think if you click them the strobist info is in my flickr descriptions. But for the first shot I had a bower at 1/2 aimed at my back triggered by Cactus V4s and an SB 50dx camera left full power through white umbrella

Second shot - SB 50dx behind me full power through a homemade snoot
Bower camera left bounced off ceiling through diffuser at full power.

Last shot - SB50dx behind me full power through snoot
Bower camera left through white umbrella full power with a reflector to my right. Not sure why the light looks soooo flat in this one but it bugs me.
 
Last shot - SB50dx behind me full power through snoot
Bower camera left through white umbrella full power with a reflector to my right. Not sure why the light looks soooo flat in this one but it bugs me.

You've answered your own question by describing the lighting setup. The reflector positioned opposite the main light is canceling any modeling.
 
Love that first shot!!
 
Last shot - SB50dx behind me full power through snoot
Bower camera left through white umbrella full power with a reflector to my right. Not sure why the light looks soooo flat in this one but it bugs me.

You've answered your own question by describing the lighting setup. The reflector positioned opposite the main light is canceling any modeling.

Well the SB was facing right at me and the reflector was down on the ground pointing up between me and the camera, and off to the right just to catch stray light, but yes maybe you're right. I'm hopefully getting a b800 or b400 soon so I will have a more efficient key light.
 
#1 effing ROCKS! I wish I was this creative.....
Thank you! If those are your pet shots/website they are awesome as well!

Just a question for any one since I'm pretty new to these forums. I've sent a few messages that haven't saved in my sent message box. I'm not sure if they didn't send, or if the forums just never saves your sent messages. I'd feel rude if people never got my PM's :lol:
 
Last edited:
I got your message, and yup! Those are my pet shots. It's my "doesn't pay the bills but fun to do" business. Our studio primarily shoots weddings.
 
Okay good, and they're definitely great shots. I love taking pictures of my pets, but I don't have much of a studio to do it in. I'm trying to get a job at a local studio now as a co-op job for my high school since photography is completely neglected in my tech school. I'm really the only one who knows their way around a camera.
 
Thank you! :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom