A Doe a Deer...

JonK

I want MORE!!
Reaction score
Website
www.jonkilimnikphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Caught this beauty with a split second to spare before she ran off....they never stay still for long :grumpy: too skittish.

103461905_be606b4d4c_o.jpg

She's a beauty ... but now I'm going to have that song in my head all day, dangit! :er:

wow, great capture jon.... i tried getting one last year of a roe dear, but getting anywere near a wild one is almoast impossible!.....and like you say...if your camera isn't out and ready you dont stand a chance.... good job on this one :thumbup:

anicole said:
She's a beauty ... but now I'm going to have that song in my head all day, dangit! :er:
I am so so sorry...i do apologize:p ;) thanks for looking

and archangel...yeh I was jus lucky I had my cam with my 70-200 on the seat beside me and she was right next to the highway :thumbup: otherwise...no chance

Can you STOP for that moment on your highways then?
The road I usually take would not allow for any stop on the verges.
Way too much traffic at all times... And this is the back of beyond, the boonies, only countryside (with that road going right through).
It is a beautiful photo.
You must be a major "focusser", if you had a split second for this one, to have it come out this clear! And if the 200mm was even fully extended... more wows!

Archangel said:
wow, great capture jon.... i tried getting one last year of a roe dear, but getting anywere near a wild one is almoast impossible!.....and like you say...if your camera isn't out and ready you dont stand a chance.... good job on this one :thumbup:

Yes. I never managed a single shot last time I tried to capture one! Excellent job!

Rob

Lafoto...was driving thru a national park near my home at the time (also in the boonies so even less people around) but either way...the roads here are pretty empty. After all it is Canada...30 million people in a country the size of a hundred Germany's (-ies?).
I was set to AF so not a problem with my 70-200 L lens...I was in manual mode and no time to fiddle with settings...luckily I was shooting RAW so room to play with the exposure issues.

Thanks to you and Rob for your comments :D

thanks jake!

here's a shot thru my windscreen shortly after I took the deer pic; there's a bus in front of me which you can just make out maybe:

_MG_2071.jpg

What a great capture. Nicely done Jon. !!

Thanks AR and chiller...AR you can come git all the snow ya want...I'm ready for spring.

MyCameraEye said:
FYI My wildlife shots always get moved by mods to the nature photo forum so be prepared :)

Scott

It's a gamble I'm willing to take :mrgreen: hopefully the powers that be will continue their day long coffee break :greenpbl: *ducks and runs for cover*

Ah. You're asking for it now, aren't you?
OK. Having my coffee by my side, I'll show you NOW that I can still push the right buttons :greenpbl: - only because you want it (or so it seems :sexywink: )

Most reactions

Back