A door is closing - Someone please open the window!

tmpadmin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.paterek.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well it looks like that time has come. My brother and I both work for the same company (I am his boss). Yesterday we stumbled on two e-mails to our boss (pres), which were blocked in our spam filter. We search through for false positives. They were from a local company that outsources IT departments. Well, today my brother was called into the HR director's office. He called him on his cell phone at lunch to come back. It's been 2 hours already and no word. Possible outcomes:
1. He is let go and the e-mails were incase I leave because he is family
2. I am going to be let go and they are talking to him to see if he is going to leave because I am family.
3. We are both gone and they just picked him first.

Not looking for sympathy I hate this company even before all this, just looking to vent (hence the open window) :)

I hope that's not why :( I hate it when that stuff happens. I work for a place that screws people over. :)

open windows are a good thing! you say you hate the company for which you work, so if this is the "bad" news you may expect, would it really be "bad"? hell no! if it happens it's just the start of the wonderful posibilities ahead of you and your brother. not knowing what's ahead is a bit un-nerving but everything ALWAYS works out in the end! i'm thinking of ya man as i'm sure all here are!!!

Man im doing everything possible to get fired but still no luck. Apparently someone is better at being a hoser than me and he's not even getting axed. Gotta love workin for the government. :wink:

Thanks all! I just got out of the meeting and it's official! I'M SACKED! It's not so bad the package they offered is full pay till end of March, full health benefits till end of June and full payback on my vacation.

Ahh fresh air! Yeah, this isn't a bad thing - the place taking over actually told my boss to have me look into working with them. HA! I would laugh if I were working for that place being subed out to this place.

Oh well - maybe it hasn't hit me yet but I'm okay with this. Worst case is my wife has to go back to work full time to get some benefits.

JonMikal said:
open windows are a good thing! you say you hate the company for which you work, so if this is the "bad" news you may expect, would it really be "bad"? hell no! if it happens it's just the start of the wonderful posibilities ahead of you and your brother. not knowing what's ahead is a bit un-nerving but everything ALWAYS works out in the end! i'm thinking of ya man as i'm sure all here are!!!

I couldn't have said it better.

The company I worked for closed on the 7th of this month. A lot of politics involved. My wife and I have pulled every positive out of it.(one would be surprised how many there are).
And trust me, this is a great place if you need support.

JonMikal said:
if it happens it's just the start of thewonderfulposibilities ahead of you and your brother. not knowing what'sahead isa bit un-nerving but everything ALWAYS worksout in the end!i'mthinking of ya man as i'm sure all here are!!!
Just what Iwasthinking :thumbup: :)

tmpadmin said:
Thanks all! I just got out of the meeting and it's official! I'M SACKED! It's not so bad the package they offered is full pay till end of March, full health benefits till end of June and full payback on my vacation.

Ahh fresh air! Yeah, this isn't a bad thing - the place taking over actually told my boss to have me look into working with them. HA! I would laugh if I were working for that place being subed out to this place.

Oh well - maybe it hasn't hit me yet but I'm okay with this. Worst case is my wife has to go back to work full time to get some benefits.

Good luck bro! Sorry for the bad news. Atleast they gave ya a bone before kickin ya.

Best of luck to you...sounds like this was a blessing in disguise and you've got a great attitude about it all.

I'm a firm believer in the doors and windows - wishing you well.

Sorry to hear about your job loss but hopefully it'll work out for you.
The job market's picking up like crazy and unless something diabolicalhappens there's going to be lots of job opportunities available in acouple of months.
Chances are you'll end up with a better job paying more bucks....good luck!

Thanks again all! Your words help keep my mood positive. Have to admit a bit of worry crept in earlier but reading your post helped out. It wouldn't be so bad but I have 3 children and this damn manly instinct to provide keeps getting in my head. Worst case my wife has to go to work (which we don't want - she belongs in the kitchen HA!). I'm sure I'll find something soon, I have a bunch of contacts from working there for five years and I already have two keeping an eye out.

Most reactions

Back