A dot in the pictures.

passerby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last night I saw a dot in about the last 30 pictures taken. Most of them are obscure in the dark areas, but few are clearly visible. I took the camera to the store an hour ago and he fixed it with the small rubber blower. I asked him if it is my job to do it or is it under warranty? he advised to use blower to clean it, as well he showed me how to do it. But if Iam not so confident to do it just take it to him to do it, he said.

How about if the blower failed to fix it? I asked him.
That is how far I - as the user - and them as the retailer can do about it according to him.

Where the dust came from?
You must have opened the lens for some reason. Well yes I did, just for the sake of curiosity.

This is bad really. Ok those pictures are not quality pictures, so I am not worry about it. But imagine if you go holiday somewhere and have few hundred pictures taken with dot or dots in them, what do you feel?

I think I will buy the cleaning blower and blow it every couple days or so regardless. Better save than sorry don't you think?

uhhh..while cleaning your sensor may be an exercise that you (or a pro) has to go through it's not recommended that you clean it "every couple of days or so " unless you know what you're doing. Even then, it seems to be a pretty ticklish exercise.

I wouldn't make it a habit. I'd only clean when necessary and even then, I'd grit my teeth.

Poke around on the web for some articles about cleaning sensors...

Even though im fully trained to clean the sensor, i take it to a professional shop everytime, they have a full warranty that if they damage it during cleaning they then sort out a replacement.

Last night I saw a dot in about the last 30

But imagine if you go holiday somewhere and have few hundred pictures taken with dot or dots in them, what do you feel?
Before I have a important event to photograph I clean every piece of gear I plan on taking. That way i don't have to worry about pics getting ruined by dust. though it can happen at any time. i recommend you get a complete cleaning kit not just a blower. Cloth cleaning solution, blower/with brush on the on end. this way you can keep all your gear free of dust and oil

Most reactions

New Topics

Back