What's new

A Drive to Town

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We had to run into town today so I got Miss Em to drive so I could see what I could find. It's great panning practice!
Here are my favourite shots.
Thanks for taking a look!
C&C always welcome and appreciated.

We didn't even get more than a kilometer from home and we came across these Turkey Vultures




These march on and on and on...



Multiple towers lined up.
 
I like #2, despite the jaggies on the diagonals (which could be a product of down-rezzing the images for the web). The sky is rich and wonderful. #3 is also mildly interesting. Your recent frequent shooting seemingly has you hitting your stride, from what I have seen here the last few weeks. You seem to be able to go out and MAKE pictures. That's the goal.
 
For a power line image, #2 is really cool!

It's all because the grid that's formed a the top, and the secret circle!

See the secret circle?
 
Derrel, thanks so much for acknowledging that! It means a lot to me. I've been working hard lately, have had a lot of extra time on my hands, I'm glad it is paying off by showing in my shots :)

Bitter, thank you. Yep I see it :) these are new lines and I've shot them many times trying to get it right but always seemed to miss a great placement for it, this time I finally got it all to line up like I wanted it to :)

Liz, thanks!

Rotanimond, thanks :) there is definitely a lot going on! I like the one in the distance that is trapped in the big one ;)
 
#2 Rocks. The sky, lines, patterns, mood... it all works, imo. I'd only suggest cropping out the tiny bit of line in extreme upper right and the 2 objects in bottom center:

$7213239984_a6c3ea3ea7_z.webp
 
Look at the wire spacers, they look like little squares. Now connect them. :sexywink:


I missed the tower hidden IN the big tower. More neat!
 
Thanks Jaemie :)
Ugh you know I can't believe I left those tiny bits in, I was trying to crop as close as I could (obv) because I needed every bit I had. Good catch.
 
Uh oh. Rocketship Judi has left the launchpad, and is headed up for space! That's a pretty steep learning curve you're on. Impressive.

#1 is great timing, with the birds each taking a track on the road.

#2 is great: leading lines, secret circles, hidden objects, convergence and perspective, fantastic gradient, and great framing.

#3 looks like a rocket about to be launched, or perhaps soaring through the different levels of the atmosphere (as represented by the wires).

Well done.
 
Thanks so much Pgriz :) I'm glad you like them.
It's been said that one of the best ways to improve is to shoot and with hubby out west working I've had plenty of time to do just that. It's a great way to pass the time ;)
Only problem is I'm insanely behind on editing. It's not my favourite part because I still struggle with it a lot so I tend to grab the ones that make me smile and move on lol
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom