A droplet!

Reaction score
Website
www.annikashultz.com
I finally caught some. LOL. The most cliche shot ever. I can't wait to try for more interesting, weird ones when I get my 50mm.

droplet1.jpg

A cliche.. but an amazing one at that! I love how at the top of the drop, the white and black 'switch' places! Amazing Annika!

Nice shot.... it may be cliche but at least you know that its probably impossible for anyone to get the same shot ever again, haha.

nice one.....:thumbup:
so far I didn't try it myself but i am quite interested in...
So, would you mind sharing your settings..? :blushing:

Thanks
Pat

You said allready you were going to try this.
Nice work and welcome to the 'we shot a droplet group' ;)

Very cool. Well done.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks everyone! Hmm, as for my settings:

Canon 350D
No flash
lens at 55.0mm
Lens: cheapo!! EF 28-80 II
Shutter: 800
Aperture: f/5.0
ISO: 400

I set a black bowl on a large white sheet, placed a 100 watt bulb w/ metal reflective shade right behind it (looking at me) with a sheet of vellum in front to diffuse. Then another 100 watt bulb with metal shade, off to the side to light it up a bit. I think next time I will try placing some brightly colored objects around the bowl, so the droplet picks them up and they show up inside it. I will also play with food coloring, although last night's attempts with food coloring were suboptimal. :confused: I will also use my external flash with a diffuser, to add even more light. I figured out after my failed attempts last week, that it's all about LIGHT! :) And I still need even more. This is a b/w conversion but the real thing turned quite yellow; I'd also like my shutter speed about twice as fast as I had it. So I'll experiment some more, and I'll also get much sharper results with the f/1.8 55mm....which I am ordering TODAY :D...so I can let in more light and boost that shutter speed even more.

Very cool. Sooner or later, I must try this once again. I have tried to do it before with a borrowed cheap digital camera, but the results were far, farer, farthest from satisfactory. I'll have to take the "no flash"-attempt, too, so thank you for describing how you did this in all this detail.

Very interesting lighting makes this stand out above other shots of a similar ilk. Amazing you got it so sharp with no flash. Good work :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back