A Family Shoot

misol

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some photos I did at a recent family shoot. I would love and C&C you have to offer:

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

Last edited:
Elegant, nice warm colors. Good job on this series.

thanks for the kudos. Any criticism? (besides being a little soft, I didnt sharpen for web)

the golden hour (before sunset). My favorite for kids and family that will be moving around alot

These are very nice...I'll throw a criticism out there though.

About half of these have problems with overexposure on the shirts. It's not easy to shoot white in bright sunlight and keep detail....having them wear something a different color might have helped. Otherwise I would have underexposed their face a tad and got the exposure more "on" for the shirts....then bumped the brightness of their faces in pp a little bit. Either that or see if you can save the shirts in post.

But...considering you were shooting white, it looks pretty good. I just find the over brightness of the shirts to be very distracting.

The bright shirts don't bother me. I would crop #1 a little tighter (not so much space above). Other than that this is a nice series.

Thanks all. I really appreciate the feedback. The shirts are bright, but not blown out, that might be a monitor issue. Black hair with white shirts is always a bit tricky, but overall I think I metered ok. I had to under expose a tad (in raw) and fix in post processing.

These are cute. I also think that the shirts are overexposed, but it is really hard not to do. I expose for the shirt, then brighten the skin in PP.

They look kinda soft, even for sharpening for web, and is it me, or are these kinda noisy?

really it might be a monitor thing because my histogram showed me what I was shooting. I did blow out in some pics, but not ones that made the final cut for the most part. I had to be really careful because if I underexposed too much, their hair would become a black blob. So I am pretty confident I didnt over expose on the shirts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back