a few attempts at macro

Dillard

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are good. Nice job!

Just my opinions:

#1 Like the background. Flower center is slightly out of focus (or motion blur?). Saturation on highlights. Subject size is good, DOF good, composition somewhat boring but is ok. Some blue cast on shaded pedals.

#2 Primarily art. In the end I don't like the colors - esp the brown (wood) up against the blue. The brown does not fit (IMHO).

#3 shows pollen well, like that. Bee has unfortunate position (looks like it was beheaded!). Here the blownout highlights don't bother me as much (bee dominates). Focus and DOF good.

#4 Focus is inconsistent on the five spotted legs (ultimately those are the subject), I think for this shot to work they really have to be in the same focal plane. Blownout hightlights again, only here they are on the secondary subject and distract. I don't like the color scheme, background neither contrasts with nor compliments the subject. DOF seems excessive - the background pattern really doesn't go well with the subject and would have preferred it more blurred out.

Overall, not bad. I would recommend getting better control of the lighting.

Thank you! The focus on such macro lens is unbelieveably fine, def. takes some getting use to. But thank you for the comments

Most reactions

Back