NATO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1293064.jpg

P1293164copy.jpg

P1293019copy.jpg

Comments and Critique is welcome, and appreciated.

Do I really suck so bad that it is hopeless?

I personally like the second one a lot, but it is underexposed and the beam closest to you on the right is pretty distracting, I wouldn't have put it in the shot

I like the second one too, but it might look really cool if it was done with HDR. or at least exposed properly. 1 and 3 just don't do anything for me..

The composition of the first is the best, but all of them have exposure problems due to the large range of brightness. The last is just a shot looking up at a building, which distorts the structure and also includes a lot of featureless sky. The last two would be better if you moved around and found a better composition, e.g., some part of the beams and windows in the upper left section of the second one, or the vine-covered door and window on the left wall in the last one. For the first, you need to either do multiple processing (or actual HDR) to get detail in the wood on the floor and the sky visible through the roof. Alternatively, you could re-frame to exclude the sky and get an average exposure for the windows and the wood.

The composition of the first is the best, but all of them have exposure problems due to the large range of brightness. The last is just a shot looking up at a building, which distorts the structure and also includes a lot of featureless sky. The last two would be better if you moved around and found a better composition, e.g., some part of the beams and windows in the upper left section of the second one, or the vine-covered door and window on the left wall in the last one. For the first, you need to either do multiple processing (or actual HDR) to get detail in the wood on the floor and the sky visible through the roof. Alternatively, you could re-frame to exclude the sky and get an average exposure for the windows and the wood.

Thank you, sort of like this?

testing1copy.jpg

I personally like the second one a lot, but it is underexposed and the beam closest to you on the right is pretty distracting, I wouldn't have put it in the shot

I don't believe I have developed the eye for processing just quite yet,

factorytestcopy.jpg

Last edited:
Much better version of the first, IMO. I might crop the left to eliminate that board that juts into the frame a little below center and which is a little distracting.

On the second, I'd crop still more on the right and bottom. The interesting part is the interplay between the beams and the windows, so I wouldn't want to dilute that by including much else.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back