Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
CanadaGoose11.jpg

MalardinFlight8.jpg

MalardinFlight3.jpg

OMG 3... smack on, perfect capture, even the water droplets on the feathers! What lens were these with?

I love 2! If a duck could smile, that duck is smiling...

How'd you do it? Tell it to say cheese?

I agree - 2 looks rather content! The colors are great too.. and the wings look perfect!

Thanks for the comments guys !

OMG 3... smack on, perfect capture, even the water droplets on the feathers! What lens were these with?

Thanks! These and all my bird shots were taken with my one and only Nikkor 300mm AF f.4. It is an older lens, has no VR but still enough to have fun :wink:. I find that getting close to the subject improves the quality of the picture tremendously. Although my profile states that I use a D100, this was shot with my brother's D200. (that's a big help)

How'd you do it? Tell it to say cheese?

lol, no cheese but bread does wonders in the duck world !

I agree - 2 looks rather content! The colors are great too.. and the wings look perfect!

Thank you!

Great pictures:thumbup:..nr.2 is my fav

I'll quote my GF on these.

1. Wow.....Oh wow.

2. Oh, wow.

3. Oh my gosh, wow.

Awesome shots! Very well done!!! Did you use bread to lure them? I've always just tried scaring them(to get flight) but then they just poop every where lol.

Thanks for all the comments guys ! Flight shots are great as they show birds in ways that the human eye just can't capture. I guess thats why it keeps me coming back.

Awesome shots! Very well done!!! Did you use bread to lure them?

How do you think I got that duck to smile ? Seriously though, try a local park where the birds are accustomed to humans. You can end up with great results and improve your skills as well. Don't scare them, just sit there long enough and you'll see them fly. Some food won't hurt as well, especially on cold, snowy days :wink:

Again, thanks everyone !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back