A few flower photos...

gigo567

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
First thread and post on this site. Well here are some photos I took using my film SLR camera (got the photos on my computer using a scanner). How are they? Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I am still new to this site.

Hi Gigo and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
You do it all right: flowers in the Nature Forum is just the way it works :D.
And you know how to nicely frame a flower, I can tell. The colours are a bit off in the first, from what I can see now, but I am sure it is because of the scanning process. That scratch ... is that on the print and maybe even the negatives? (I would hate the lab for that... ) I don't see the scratch on the other two.

Of all the three I like Photo 2 best, the colours look best there and I really like the background (the bokeh - do you know what that is?).

LaFoto said:
Hi Gigo and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
You do it all right: flowers in the Nature Forum is just the way it works :D.
And you know how to nicely frame a flower, I can tell. The colours are a bit off in the first, from what I can see now, but I am sure it is because of the scanning process. That scratch ... is that on the print and maybe even the negatives? (I would hate the lab for that... ) I don't see the scratch on the other two.

Of all the three I like Photo 2 best, the colours look best there and I really like the background (the bokeh - do you know what that is?).
The scratch was on the negative, and I have no access to a dark room. But it is fine, atleast it gets the job done.

Well done for getting them posted, the scanning has not helped them that much but at least now you can get rid of that scratch on the negative in an instant (virtually ;)) by using 10 seconds in PS.

welcome abord, it is an addictive road.

tim

We have a good many very young members here on the forum whose photos simply blow me away, they are so good! So age is of no importance at all. Neither very young age, nor old(er) age, nor middle age...

Most reactions

Back