What's new

A few flower pics for C&C

pony

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 30, 2009
Messages
210
Reaction score
8
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a total newbie, but I am practicing...A LOT
Any tips much appreciated.
TIA


1)
3991397349_c55c2b401c_b.jpg



2)
3991818198_a89c97746f_b.jpg


3)
3991820588_28e9f9fe03_b.jpg


4)
3990763262_381a28b38d_b.jpg


5)
3985953938_d26c154048_b.jpg
 
Advice: Use Live View, zoom in, then focus manually. You'll get a much sharper picture.

Framing and color are good. Maybe open the aperture a little more for a bit more background blur.
 
Advice: Use Live View, zoom in, then focus manually. You'll get a much sharper picture.

At the sake of sounding like a complete dummy...why is that?
 
there are no stupid questions. i was wondering the same thing.
 
Advice: Use Live View, zoom in, then focus manually. You'll get a much sharper picture.

Framing and color are good. Maybe open the aperture a little more for a bit more background blur.

His Aperture was around 3.4, if he goes wider, he gets even shallower DoF. I think some of these orchids could have benefitted from a slightly smaller Ap, to get more of the flower in focus.

The last image really is quite nice.
 
Advice: Use Live View, zoom in, then focus manually. You'll get a much sharper picture.

At the sake of sounding like a complete dummy...why is that?

there are no stupid questions. i was wondering the same thing.
The focus is just a little off here and there. If you're in live view and zoom in on the image and then fine tune your focus, when you take the picture, you're assured you're absolutely focused.
 
His Aperture was around 3.4, if he goes wider, he gets even shallower DoF. I think some of these orchids could have benefitted from a slightly smaller Ap, to get more of the flower in focus.

The last image really is quite nice.

Her aperture :sexywink:
Thanks, I am really still trying to figure out when and where to change aperture (as well as everything else). I get spazzed out and take a million pics and forget to change settings sometimes too

The focus is just a little off here and there. If you're in live view and zoom in on the image and then fine tune your focus, when you take the picture, you're assured you're absolutely focused.

:blushing:
I can see now that they are on the big computer screen that the focus is off in a few spots, but I still don't understand how live view vs. viewfinder will help me focus. If I use liveview and my face is 18 inches away from the LCD, won't it be harder to gauge focus?
I will try it today, I am just trying to understand the benefit.
Thanks so much for your input
 
#4 looks like it wants to attack me :)
Good pictures!
eh live view, a clean viewfinder is more true right? no resolution to worry about.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom