a few for fun!

jake337

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm still just having fun taking pictures trying to get better exposures and working on the basics. No PP done to these, need to work on taking exposures before I worry about that. Thanks for any CC advice

4798505360_8df18e608a_b.jpg

4797873407_c4810833bb_b.jpg

4797872949_35ea1d2727_b.jpg

4798505746_1c518fd04a_b.jpg

thanks
jake

I think these all look good. The purple, green and yellow remind me of Mardi Gras and I'm from LA so that's a great thing! I'd just crop some of the emptyness from the top of all of them. :)

Well looks like you have the technique of shallow depth of field nailed pat! lol These are all good pictures but they do need to be cropped....vacant space is not needed.

Looks like 2 and 3 had a flash maybe or additional lighting of some type. 1 and 2 need a little additional lighting, theyre alittle underexposed. These can be brightened in PP.
I agree with vansnxtweek about dof and cropping.
Keep shooting and posting.:thumbup:

I like them all. But I agree with the others that they need some cropping.

cropping is an issue for me because i'm not that great at composition yet. I end up not really knowing how much i should crop. i should be fine cropping these ones but I have more of an issue with cropping when theres people in the photograph. Also i have view nx for my nikon camera but can't find the crop tool in it.

I used the in camera flash for all of them. I must have had it set a little low. what part is underexposed in the first 2? the flower or background

cropping is an issue for me because i'm not that great at composition yet. I end up not really knowing how much i should crop. i should be fine cropping these ones but I have more of an issue with cropping when theres people in the photograph. Also i have view nx for my nikon camera but can't find the crop tool in it.

I used the in camera flash for all of them. I must have had it set a little low. what part is underexposed in the first 2? the flower or background
Sorry I do see the flash, maybe its the deep color.
Google the "Rule of Thirds" so when taking a shot you can incorporate it or if not possible crop to it. Its not wriiten in stone but a good guideline.

Google the "Rule of Thirds" so when taking a shot you can incorporate it or if not possible crop to it. Its not wriiten in stone but a good guideline.

yeah i 've read about the rule of thirds it's just practicing the rule i need to do! yeah the deep color was most likely me trying to match what the camera was taking to the actual color of the flowers.

One thing i've noticed is that i forget that i wear transition eyeglasses and sometimes i think that messes with my pics.

yeah i 've read about the rule of thirds it's just practicing the rule i need to do! yeah the deep color was most likely me trying to match what the camera was taking to the actual color of the flowers.

One thing i've noticed is that i forget that i wear transition eyeglasses and sometimes i think that messes with my pics.

Hmmm, never thought of thought. Very well could be.
Good looking flowers tho. Keep at it.:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back