What's new

A Few From Airshow

|)\/8

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 23, 2007
Messages
335
Reaction score
1
Location
Duluth, Ga.
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are a few from an airshow held at Dobbins AFB, Marietta, Ga.

F22

IMG_9243_s.jpg


IMG_9259_s.jpg


F16 (Thunderbirds)

IMG_9752_s.jpg


IMG_9763_s.jpg


IMG_9780_s.jpg
 
Great shots. I really like #'s 1 & 3. I wouldn't crop quite as tight on #3, though. Give the planes a little more "room to fly" and show a bit more of the vapor trails.

Good work.
 
those are some amazing photos of the meanest fighter in the world :)
 
Those are absolutely amazing photos!
 
Great shots. I really like #'s 1 & 3. I wouldn't crop quite as tight on #3, though. Give the planes a little more "room to fly" and show a bit more of the vapor trails.

Good work.

I understand what you are saying, unfortunately it is not much of a crop, here is the original uncropped version which has only been resized for the web.

Thanks to all for your kind comments. This was the first airshow I went to and was really a practice shoot for me. I will be going to NAS Jacksonville on the 24th to shoot the Blue Angles.

IMG_9752_orig.jpg
 
Then I understand why you cropped the way you did. :mrgreen:

Again, really good, especially for your first airshow shots.
 
Very impressive. Great job!
 
Wow oh wow, these are great shots!

What lense did you use?

I was using my Canon 50D with my 400mm f/5.6 prime, and a Canon 30D with my 70-200 f/2.8 + 1.4 TC. I think the 50D with my 400 was used on all the photos I have posted here. I was using my 30D with 70-200 for most of the prop plane shots such as this one.

IMG_9711_s_b.jpg
 
Man your making me hate myself, i should have made more of an effort to make it too the show....Can you provide us with your shot settings, lens used etc? BTW....Excellent Show!
 
Man your making me hate myself, i should have made more of an effort to make it too the show....Can you provide us with your shot settings, lens used etc? BTW....Excellent Show!

I used two different cameras and lenses:

Cameras:

Canon 50D
Canon 30D

Lenses:
Canon 400mm f/5.6 Prime
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 Zoom + 1.4 TC = (98-280mm)

The EXIF data should be intact, but here is each image with the basic EXIF data.

IMG_9243_exif.jpg


IMG_9259_exif.jpg


IMG_9711_exif.jpg


IMG_9752_exif.jpg


IMG_9763_exif.jpg


IMG_9780_exif.jpg
 
those are ridiculously good man
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom