a few from costa rica today C&C welcome

theregoesjb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like #5 and #7 because I feel like there's a story behind each of them. The rest of them don't really do it for me because compositionally they just don't really draw my eyes anywhere in particular. There was obviously something in the scene that you found interesting enough to photograph, but you need to communicate that to everybody else through composition, focus, and lighting.

Color and sharpness are lovely but the composition isn't at the same level.

Picture 1) It isn't obligatory to have something in the foreground out of focus to give the image depth.
If there is something in the foreground to 'give the image depth', limit the size so it doesn't take over the entire scene.
If there is a very bright colored object in the field of view, it will pull the viewers' eye but is it the principal point of interest? Hard to tell

Pictures 4 & 6 -foreground things are nominally the center of interest but there are things in the background that draw the viewers' eye and compete too much. In #4, why are the dusty leaves the interesting part and the person on bike not? In #6, why is the chaotic jumble of the bike tubes important and why include the person in the field of view?

Lew

Most reactions

New Topics

Back