Practice... Practice (Pic heavy)

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I rented a 200-500 mm zoom lens for a couple of days that I'm thinking of renting for a trip in the spring. It's a beast compared to the 70-300 kit lens that came with my camera. Here are a few that I took with it. More practice needed.

C&C Welcome.

PI-2 by Peter Martin, on Flickr
PI-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr
PI-3 by Peter Martin, on Flickr
Hawk-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr
Deer-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr
Swans-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr
Hawk 2-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr
#8 Technically wild, but prancing about the sanctuary parking lot.
Turkey-1 by Peter Martin, on Flickr

Very nice! What brand Lens was it?

Merry Christmas! Nice set, you did well with that lens. Sometimes we can only do so much with the light/circumstances presented. #4 and #8 are my favorites.

beautiful images..love that turkey..what brand was the lens..

Last edited:
Very nice! What brand Lens was it?

Merry Christmas! Nice set, you did well with that lens. Sometimes we can only do so much with the light/circumstances presented. #4 and #8 are my favorites.

Great set.
Looks like you have it well in hand.

Nice set, love the Turkey portrait.

Nice set!

Looks pretty decent.

beautiful images..love that turkey..what brand was the lens..

Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments.

The lens was a Nikon AF-S 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR. It was the first time I used a lens this large and heavy. The first thing I learned was my tripod is a bit on the light side for this lens. I actually made out better with the monopod. I will probably checkout the Nikon 80-400 next.

Nice set!

Thanks, the last 5 were taken at the Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary down in your neck of the woods. That is quite a nice place. I may go back again sometime. The first 3 were at Plum Island up here.

Nice set!

Thanks, the last 5 were taken at the Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary down in your neck of the woods. That is quite a nice place. I may go back again sometime. The first 3 were at Plum Island up here.

Cool. Ya I walk Daniel Webster at least 4 days a week. We call the hawk "Buddy"

Most reactions

Back