A few from my latest shoot... C&C welcome

corinthiancharm

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.corinthiancharm.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few from my latest shoot... I tried to apply some of the feedback I got in my last post (taking more vertical shots, shooting later in the day, and paying attention to the background). Here are a few of my favorites:

2. I think the angle will bother a lot of people, but I thought it was kinda fun....

4. I was pretty excited to learn how to do this... and she absolutely loved it!

I'm not addressing composition.

Now, in #1 when I look at your EXIF information I can see that you shot with:

1/200th of a second at
f10 on
ISO 800 at
29mm focal length

The ISO is too high because you should have shot this at a much lower aperture than f10.

These are portrait shots and you want to put emphasis on the model and not the model AND the background.

your goal is to separate the model from the background. I hope this edit shows what I mean:

test.jpg

All you need to do is stop down your lens to f5.6 or lower if you can. You will also automatically be able to go down with your ISO to 400 or 200 max in order to avoid unnecessary noise.

29mm focal length also creates another problem You have to be quite close with the camera in the face of your model. This leads to perspective and/or lens distortion. It makes people's faces appear not flattering. It often blows up the head making the nose look big etc.

For portraits you want to step back as far as you can using a zoom lens at 80-100mm to avoid distortion completely. At this distance you can also shoot at f5.6 with a very shallow depth of field which would blur out the background like in my example.

I know you didn't ask for an edit but I hope you can forgive me as I just wanted to make a point. I can remove it if you like. Just let me know.

There is a ton of other stuff to mention but I'm sure somebody else will address that :)

Quoted for truth... definitely experiment with depth of field and how it factors in not only with aperture, but focal length and distance to subject.

Overall I do like the pictures though. I'm sure she likes them as well.

I like the angled pic quite a bit. i would love to have that framed if she was my girlfriend. its cute, fun and doesn't look too "directed" as far as the CC that Creisinger said, i learn alot from it. good advice.

Here are a few from my latest shoot... I tried to apply some of the feedback I got in my last post (taking more vertical shots, shooting later in the day, and paying attention to the background). Here are a few of my favorites:

You might want to clean this up because if you look at it full size your train tracks do not line up in a lot of places.

You might want to clean this up because if you look at it full size your train tracks do not line up in a lot of places.

Yea. I can see a couple places without looking full size. It's really easy to fix. I don't know how you put these together, but I've done a ridiculous amount of these photos and if I have a place where the camera moved slightly and it isn't lining up right I erase the layer pretty much all except for the subject.

I really like the train tracks shot. I would never have thought of that. I like the tilted picture too, but would have liked to see the sunlight across her entire face. The shadow has an odd color to my eye. Change your depth of field and the others are good to go.

Apart from what's been said already, I would just like to put a thumbs down on the angled shot. It mostly has to do with the chair. The fabric is really stealing the show here and not in a good way. I would cover it with a large piece of plain fabric. This would also take away that sharp diagonal on the lower left that is more pronounced due to the shadow from the flash.

Ah well, the joys of dealing with customers ...
May the force be with you.

:lol:

too much teef...
but i might be biased because i dont like a lot of smiling in my photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back