A few from my new camera

"3)Quick shot of my sis... a bit OOF"

Select her eyes only in software, feather and sharpen each one individually for a dramatic improvement. (avoid sharpening women's skin)

Same could be done for the last boy. But the entire photo might be sharpened instead.
How exactly do you do that? Do you know of any tutorials on this technique?
I love the photos, but think you really nailed it on the head with the water drop. What did you use for the orange light in the water?

As far as the orange light in the water drop picture... I actually didnt use s specific light. The glass was sitting on a brownish colored table, and then the only light used was the overhead light in the room (just a regular incondesent bulb). I think the orangey yellow glow from the light and the color reflected through the glass from the table make the color look the way it does.
Then i just cropped in closer, added some shadow to darken the background and sharpen the drop a little bit.

I can't remember if i used a flash for this specific water drop or not... i tried several times with and without flash (on camera)

I would work on getting the focus sharp. You can selectively sharpen (as shown ) but the more OOF, the more heavy handed you have to be on the sharpening in order to compensate. Then it tends to come out looking like they got into a fight with a mascara brush and the mascara brush won.

The first one is the best.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back