a few from the beach C&C

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
drove the jeep down to the northend of carolina beach and got a few shots yesterday afternoon. thoughts?

7602817002_e55b6de595_b.jpg

7602818382_c83cdd0407_b.jpg

7602819516_bc76285fc1_b.jpg

7602820318_cea5962f09_b.jpg

1: I quite like the pattern, nice capture
2: The sun is a bit blown out, but I like the concept
3:Was this a long shutter speed? I really like it!
4: NIce colour tone,but that shoreline looks a bit overexposed

1: I quite like the pattern, nice capture
2: The sun is a bit blown out, but I like the concept
3:Was this a long shutter speed? I really like it!
4: NIce colour tone,but that shoreline looks a bit overexposed

thanks. #2, its the sun, what can i say. if i exposed less the sky lost detail so i just left it like it was, guess i couldve bracketed though. #3 was a long SS using a ND filter to accomplish it. #4 is a product of PP, kinda the look i was going for, not quite that blown out but didnt pay much attn to it, i may tone it down. thanks for the CC

they r amazing - 2. is beautiful :)

thanks!

All nice shots!

I can see even more potential on the timber as a subject alone, with the angle as in #3 with a 30-1min exposure when it gets darker.
To really smooth out the ocean
Just my 2 cents.

All nice shots!

I can see even more potential on the timber as a subject alone, with the angle as in #3 with a 30-1min exposure when it gets darker.
To really smooth out the ocean
Just my 2 cents.

thanks. i got one with a 30s, but the clouds were bookin it! so it made the sky look a little funny. ill play with it and post it up.

Very cool effect on the above. Gonna have to try this one myself when I get a chance.

All of these were great but #4 really kicks my a$$. What kind of PP did you do to achieve this look?

Ye I know what you mean with the clouds, I did a 1:20 and it was awful. Im thinking of taking another shot exposed for the sky and blending.

diggin number 3. I think 4 would be cooler if you brought down the highlights just a hair....it would keep the same effect...just not as bright.

I'd show ya how I see it in my head, but your'e set to "not ok to edit".

Last edited:
nice captures!

1: I like it, but just doesn't wow me
2: I really like!
3: Wonderful capture (i like the second edit you did for this as well, even though the clouds were moving on ya)
4: I like as well, but as its been said, it seems a little blown out on the shore line.

Very cool effect on the above. Gonna have to try this one myself when I get a chance.

thanks! its fun, give it a shot.

All of these were great but #4 really kicks my a$$. What kind of PP did you do to achieve this look?

thanks. i started playing with the color version first doing the typical things to make it pop, then i figured wth, i added a duplicate layer, sepia tone, played with blending, then added a levels layer and boosted the contrast a little. i need to back off the highlights a little as mentioned, but that was the jist of it.

Ye I know what you mean with the clouds, I did a 1:20 and it was awful. Im thinking of taking another shot exposed for the sky and blending.

yea, good idea. i may try the same.

diggin number 3. I think 4 would be cooler if you brought down the highlights just a hair....it would keep the same effect...just not as bright.

I'd show ya how I see it in my head, but your'e set to "not ok to edit".

ill give it a shotand post up later. thanks!

nice captures!

1: I like it, but just doesn't wow me
2: I really like!
3: Wonderful capture (i like the second edit you did for this as well, even though the clouds were moving on ya)
4: I like as well, but as its been said, it seems a little blown out on the shore line.

thanks, yea #1 wouldve been better had there been more color in the sky i think. thanks for the C&C!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back