A Few from the Local Zoo; C&C Welcomed

AnneRiceBowl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent a few hours at the local zoo (Henry-Doorly Zoo, Omaha, NE) earlier this week.

C&C is welcomed, as usual. I haven't posted in a few months--after the utter failure at shooting movie stills back in May. I've been reading, shooting when I can, and getting together with a friend of mine who is a professional photographer in between classes, finals, working at the studio, and all the other fun things of life.

So, here it goes. I do see where I can still improve, but I want to see what your thoughts are. I'll just post a few for now. I have quite a few keepers from that day.

Basic PP done on these (color correction and sharpening; no cropping). Shot with Canon Rebel XS with the kit lens.

b8f3e649.jpg

44737548.jpg

f38c3b55.jpg

4. (Shot through glass)
c36ef5bb.jpg

5. (Shot through glass; enclosure had very odd lighting, which I fixed during PP)
2847c632.jpg

6. Shot up, through a tunnel. I would've laid down to get a better perspective, but there was a big puddle where I stood to get this shot:
a8265f85.jpg

1) I like the color contrast
2) it looks out of focus to me.. I am not sure though..
3) Love the colors again
4) Lost some details in darkness..
5) Again lost some details
6) Doesnot do much for me...

Hooray for The Henry Doorly Zoo!
World class!

(Omahan here too!)

Hooray for The Henry Doorly Zoo!
World class!

(Omahan here too!)

:D Hey!

I took these in the Lied Jungle--which is one of two of my favorite attractions! My first and favorite is the Scott Aquarium (I need to finish the PP before I post those).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back