A few from today HDR

sinjans

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there any way to reduce the noise in the first one? I removed some using CS3 but i find it is still noisy. C&C if you care to. I was suprised to find this old truck on my walk yesterday and i will be returning on a warmer day to reshoot. Any tips on th ereshoot would be helpfull. 17mm is as wide as i can go. I am also going to reprocess later today the first image to see what happened with the noise.

Attachments

• $OLD TRUCK WIDE HDR.jpg
    $OLD TRUCK WIDE HDR.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 249
  • $RUSTY NAILS JAN 16-2010.jpg
    $RUSTY NAILS JAN 16-2010.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 200
  • $OLD TRUCK INT.jpg
    $OLD TRUCK INT.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
I really liked no.1 and 2. No. 3 was not composed as well and a little blurry, but just my opinion. I think 2 shows your creative out of the box style. Can't cc on HDR much since ive never done one, but I really like them.

Thanks for the comments. To tell you the truth, when taking 3 i was excited about the possible outcome but the more i look at it the more i dislike it. Its blah. I should think about less rum when i pp:er:. Cheers

#1 the reds are a bit oversaturated you also have a slight white halo around the tree line. You do have some noise in the cloud area.

I have a question these hdr images how many shots did you use to create the images? 1 or 3?

I like all the shots but to me they don't have the dynamic range look it almost looks like it's just a image thats been tonemapped.
ways to reduce noise well you can use noiseware filter for photoshop which works great.

this is a great tutorial
Click here for the tutorial you can also see the what noiseware does

I also think that on one of the HDR tutorials I created I illustrated using noiseware but can't honestly remember
but look in the HDR section of the forum and there will be a post about the video tutorial I made if it helps out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the time. I agree with your comments. the truck was created using 5 different images which were bracketed. I used the noise reduction tool in CS3 where they were merged. I am gonna try it again and see how it works. I also am gonna try it in photomatix. Not sur eabout tonemapping vs dynamic range. I had the assumption that when you merge to hdr in CS3 using 5 different files it becomes an HDR image. i have a load of learning to do and appreciate all of your comments

Thanks for the time. I agree with your comments. the truck was created using 5 different images which were bracketed. I used the noise reduction tool in CS3 where they were merged. I am gonna try it again and see how it works. I also am gonna try it in photomatix. Not sur eabout tonemapping vs dynamic range. I had the assumption that when you merge to hdr in CS3 using 5 different files it becomes an HDR image. i have a load of learning to do and appreciate all of your comments

5 shots? what EV settings?
photoshop does merge to hdr but the end result varies and does not live up to photomatix. I actually would like to see that truck in HDR I think the end result would be good.:thumbup: Thanks for taking a positive response to the comments

Most reactions

New Topics

Back