A Few From Yesterday's Kayak Adventure

My new (to me) 200-500 telephoto lens just arrived. But I'm not sure it's going in the kayak with me :05.18-flustered:
Sounds too expensive to go in the kayak - you don't want to use it as an anchor.

And just use the kayak to get closer, so you can use a shorter, less costly lens?

I've been using the 70-300 kit lens that came with the camera whenever I go kayaking. It's relatively small and easy to manage. It also fits in a dry bag and goes in the hatch when things get rocky.

My new (to me) 200-500 telephoto lens just arrived. But I'm not sure it's going in the kayak with me :05.18-flustered:

I understand your concerns for ruining expensive equipment. I used to be on edge just getting in the kayak let alone be out on the water with my gear but since I started using a dry bag like the one I put up a link for I worry a lot less. Check it out, it's cheap, very waterproof and doubles as a back pack to keep gear dry if you happen to get caught in the rain while hiking.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y1WGVPQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I understand your concerns for ruining expensive equipment. I used to be on edge just getting in the kayak let alone be out on the water with my gear but since I started using a dry bag like the one I put up a link for I worry a lot less. Check it out, it's cheap, very waterproof and doubles as a back pack to keep gear dry if you happen to get caught in the rain while hiking.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y1WGVPQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the tip!

Sorry, I didn't read all the posts and didn't see that you already have a dry bag.

I really, really love #5. Those cattails that ghosted in with the foreground dof add so very much to the overall scene. I hope you get more used to the idea of taking your equipment on the kayak with you. I have not had any problems yet. I leave everything in the dry bag if I know rough water is coming up. I may miss some pics, but better safe than sorry!

I really, really love #5. Those cattails that ghosted in with the foreground dof add so very much to the overall scene. I hope you get more used to the idea of taking your equipment on the kayak with you. I have not had any problems yet. I leave everything in the dry bag if I know rough water is coming up. I may miss some pics, but better safe than sorry!
Thank you very much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back