What's new

A few Holga shots from a recent trip

terri46 18

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2003
Messages
36,834
Reaction score
9,625
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was in Paris for a week back in August. I took the Holga along, and had some fun with it. Of course, the "sweet spot" for the Holga is basically dead center, with focus falling off rapidly thereafter and the vignetting forming in the corners. Along with the usual light leaks and taping the sides of this toy camera to make sure the back doesn't fall off, what's not to love? :lol: It made for some interesting shots of the Eiffel Tower.

I prefer to shoot 400 speed film through this camera. This is Ilford HP5.


The path to the Eiffel Tower:


16. Eiffel Tower in the distance, Holga.webp




Paris is for lovers:

18. Paris is for lovers, Holga.webp




Everyone is always in a good mood around the Eiffel Tower, it seems. Here is some Eiffel Tower exuberance;


19. Eiffel Tower exuberance, Holga.webp



This is the Sennelier store along the Seine: the same store that was frequented by Picasso, Monet, Degas and others. If you're an art geek like me, it's a bit of hallowed ground. ❤️ Of course I went in and bought stuff. Before I went in, though, this guy (clearly after my own heart) posed for a photo in front of the store, taken by his companion. I shot this from across the street (3 quai Voltaire):


19.a Sennelier store at 3 quai Voltaire, Holga.webp



On the other side of the Seine is the Louvre:


29. The Louvre, Holga.webp



It was a lot of fun. Thanks for looking!
 
These are so cool! The first shot of the tower is epic. Love the way the sky looks in the last one.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #5
Thank you all! It was fun to carry that camera. It weighs next to nothing and is small enough to get tucked into any camera bag.

You can compose carefully (I won't say focus!) but there are usually surprises in every roll. :1247:
 
Three cheers for low-fi!!! Such a welcome break from the ordinary. #1 is killer.
 
These all (number one especially) look like old black and white photos from the late 1800's to early 1900's. If that's HP5 I wonder what orthochromatic film would look like? Nice shots; you've actually made me consider getting a Holga.:excitement:
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #10
Thank you all for the lovely comments! ❤️


If that's HP5 I wonder what orthochromatic film would look like? Nice shots; you've actually made me consider getting a Holga.
Well, there's a sure fire way to find out. :sexywink2:

Holga 120N.

Mine is a 120S - don't know if they make that model anymore; this one looks very close.

There are several models available these days.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Admin 🛠️
  • #12
I like the 2nd one with the couple sitting on the blanket in the grass.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom