A few hours in a migrant worker housing project

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yesterday I spent a few hours with a family in a migrant worker housing camp. It was pretty interesting getting things to work out since I don't speak Spanish and they didn't speak English. The photos I got were as exciting as I would have liked them to be. I didn't expect their home to be so devoid of character.

For all the pics and info visit my blog: Ambient Focus
I need to go through the shots again and see if I missed an other usable shots. I normally do. I know I have a bunch more of the mother cooking. I'd like to do it again but with a family that has children.

3545164856_5036fa2c9d_o.jpg

3545164644_df2176b281_o.jpg

3545164892_a0cbfd6e35_o.jpg

3545164710_5d828bc98a_o.jpg

Hey Dan

Nice series. I do however like the exposures that you posted on your blog over these few (Mostly the ones of the mother as she has a LOT more character than these kids.)

You're a great photographer for doing this kind of stuff though.

Well, you've become one of the photographers I look forward to see photos of. I especially like the last one. There's an emotion with the photo that I enjoy.

Maybe because I prefer shooting in BW myself, and to shoot people that normally isn't seen in the society. But then again, that could be the sociologist in me.

Wow, great work Dan.

The first one makes more sense after reading your blog.

The last one is my favorite. It's like he's wondering when he'll get to play again.

Most reactions

Back