What's new

A few Leopard Geckos

Ratman667

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
119
Reaction score
2
Location
Atlantic Beach, Fl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photos were taken in my homemade light box with one overhead light, using my D3000 with an 18-55 lens.

The white balance was corrected and I smoothed out the background. I still use Photoshop 7 and have very limited skills with it...

Comments and critique are welcome.

1.
DSC_0039.jpg


2.
DSC_0373.jpg


3.
DSC_0438.jpg


4.
DSC_0540.jpg


5.
DSC_0437.jpg


I do have many more. Just don't want to make the post too crowded.

Future photos will be taken with more lights to eliminate shadows.
 
Makes me miss my gecko lol. Nice shot in 2 he's looking right at you.
 
I was planning on taking more today but my girlfriend forgot to bring me the lightbox...
 
Number two is awesome. Makes me want to go out and buy some geckos. Very cool, nice job.
 
A little more open of a DOF woulda been nice, but these are cool shots anyway!
 
A little more open of a DOF woulda been nice, but these are cool shots anyway!

Care to explain to a complete Noob what you mean?

Making people want to buy a Gecko is the point. These are of my collection, but are for use on my website.
 
A little more open of a DOF woulda been nice, but these are cool shots anyway!

Care to explain to a complete Noob what you mean?

Making people want to buy a Gecko is the point. These are of my collection, but are for use on my website.
S'all good, I'm not a pro either. : )

See how only like, the gecko's head is clear? Now, when I see an image with that gecko, I don't see it all not blurry, but a little more of the gecko's body less blurry than just the head.

Hope that was a good explanation, haha :confused:
 
You mean like this:

DSC_0236.jpg


or this:

DSC_0084.jpg


With the distance and equipment used, that is about as good as I have gotten. When I get a a close up lens or a light box that will prevent escapes, I will be able to get better shots. For now, "inventory" body shots and face closeups will have to do.

For example, if I was placing this gecko on my site for sale, I would use these two photos:

DSC_0039.jpg


DSC_0049.jpg
 
Those look really cool! I kinda want one or 2 now! haha
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom