A Few Maternity Photos

Great effort but truthfully, these photos are a bit "normal" looking. Try to create something that makes everyone goes "awwww". To me, that is what makes a good image.
Great suggestion; how about giving the OP some suggestions or guidance on how to achieve that?

Also, when shooting do you feel rushed to just shoot the photo without getting everything straight or in the frame correctly due to not wanting to annoy the subject, especially when she is pregnant haha?

YES. I used to feel this all the time, and only recently began to realize I was doing it, and fix it! The more models I've shot with, the more comfortable I've become with really *being* the photographer. You're the one taking the picture, you're in charge of creating the image and thus you need to direct the model in a way that creates the most flattering image. Just be confident, and give her good feedback and she won't get annoyed :)

I am not a fan of maternity photos. I think the only way to make it look good is if she is willing to go naked or almost naked.
p1501801408-4.jpg

I agree, I prefer a more natural/nude look in maternity actually I really prefer a more sensual/risqué look. I disagree however that the photos are simply plain, no my photos are not amazing hence I am on here to learn and improve, but they certainly are not plain.

Also, when shooting do you feel rushed to just shoot the photo without getting everything straight or in the frame correctly due to not wanting to annoy the subject, especially when she is pregnant haha?

YES. I used to feel this all the time, and only recently began to realize I was doing it, and fix it! The more models I've shot with, the more comfortable I've become with really *being* the photographer. You're the one taking the picture, you're in charge of creating the image and thus you need to direct the model in a way that creates the most flattering image. Just be confident, and give her good feedback and she won't get annoyed :)

Thank you that is the best advice, I lose a lot of great shots or shoot a lot of shots cropped wrongly or the composition isn't what I wanted in my mind, simply due to lack of confidence and not wanting to annoy the subjects .. I find myself giving a direction and saying 'sorry sorry sorry" all the time! If I could fix this I think I could improve my photography!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back