A few more from the newbie!! PLEASE GIVE CC!

ajandnickysmom

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few more... What do you think?? What can I do to make them better?? ANY POINTERS Tips etc is much appreciated!! THANKS!!!

3422439558_6ed0463f36.jpg

3694033468_80a9f34b54.jpg

3683404126_c5cb1580f9.jpg

4217193339_2fddc121f3.jpg

3411493271_0436469215.jpg

In my opinion, you should remove the word "newbie" from your title (I know you can't now) if you know what I mean... Very nice.

That was very sweet! Thank you!!

Great pics!
Here's my noob c&c:

1. Nice pic. I would have framed it a little lower to lift his eyes a bit higher and give his chin more room. I would also have backed away from the contrast a bit as the detail in the highlight seems to be lost. I would keep the contrast high so that you retain the mood, but back it away to the point where you can just slightly perceive some detail in the highlights. These changes are subjective though, and reflect my own tastes.

2. Lovely, I wish the feet were posed to give a better silhouette, but that was just bad luck. I like how the hose wanders around and directs you to the subject as well as frames it.

3. Is that an artificial vignette there? If so I would probably remove or reduce it. given the off-frame hand adds a bit of weight to the right of the frame, I would have shifted the composition so the kid sits slighty left of center, but this is subjective.

4. Amazing shot. So much things done right in my opinion. My only nit pick is the vignette acting on the top left adult hand, It appears to be flattening out the values in the hand. The vignette acting on the lower hand looks more naturally shadowed so it doesn't bother me.

Not much I could critique cause I think you've done a really good job. I love #4, it's print/post card worthy IMO. Only issue I have is in photo #2, the top and bottom border you've added is a bit off on the left side. They seem to go past the picture. Also I would've liked to see the entire child to make it seem more "fun". It would've been nice to see the emotion in his/her face if they were playing with the hose.

From what I can see from my phone, the pictures are very nice. Where in ny are you?

Thanks for the feedback! It's much appreciated! I'm farely new to this, I only just got my first DSLR a little less the a year ago, and I can't seem to put it down! I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you on here! :D

Mom,
how did you make out with the flash activity? The flash that you said was blowing out the pictures was on sale for the ridiculous price of $20 shipped yesterday, and I was tempted, but didn't know how it would work with the D90. I love playing with my SB600 remoted, and want to get another flash too, and at that price was really tempted even if not great.
Also,
Your pictures are intriguing from the perspective of diversity in subjects and activities... it made me wonder how you are selecting your topics/subjects? Walkarounds, friends posed, or just what?
I'm only a couple of years into the DSLR (and no prior film experience) and learn more every time I use the camera. I've gotten some good shots, but I really like this group of yours.
Tim

I really liked 1 and 2. I think they are beautiful.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back