TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0080.jpg
DSC_0056.jpg
DSC_0086.jpg
thanks for your help and thoughts.

Nice location but the time of day has left you with some hard light to contend with.

#1 is let's face it a snapshot, a fun one though it may be. It might have worked better taken in portrait allowing you to zoom in a little on the subject and hopefully get the top of the rock in.

#2 should make an interesting subject but the composition needs worked on. Don't get me wrong it's a pretty cool rock but once you take a shot this close it's just a shot of a rock which will fail to hold anyone's interest for long. Try getting away from the road (road sign bottom left, dead giveaway :)) and shoot without it filling so much of the frame. Involve the hills at the back to give a sense of scale.

#3 looks like a rather angry rock demon, is this why you hid in the bushes? :D Seriously the out of focus leaves at the front add nothing and obscure what should be a decent landscape. Again this would be better from further away and with all these rocks around you must've been able to get some elevation, landscapes are about capturing a view.

All over they seem pretty well exposed despite the harsh light, you could maybe crank the contrast to bring out the sedimentary lines. Read up on the rule of thirds and use this when placing your subject and horizon in the shot.

Nice location first of all!
i agree perhaps the time of day could improve the overall look of these shots :p
i love the use of your DOP in the third pic although i do think the shrubbery in foreground is a tad distracting. Try visiting this spot again early in the morning or late in the afternoon just before sunset and add some dramatic skies to the composition - nothing like a firery red sky to add some appeal! :)

mike.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back