A few newbie questions - Photo Not Proper for Canvas Print? Size too small?

rothmania18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all:

i have a wedding photo that is only 97kb in size (is that way small? even my iPhone photos are 2.7 mb)
i have tried easy canvas prints as recommended by a few forum users and even tried others like canvas world but my photo will not upload
i tried and the iphone photo uploads
i think the clarity of the photo will be perfect but it will not upload - i used internet explorer and chrome - nothing

my photog is great but does not reply very often so i figured maybe you folks can help me answer these concerns

thanks and sorry for the bother!

An image that small would not be pretty as a print, especially on an expensive canvas. There is a difference between what is acceptable to be viewed on a monitor and what is acceptable in print. Generally, an image on the monitor is more than acceptable at 72 dpi and a size of 600x800 pixels. When it comes to print, you want to have around 240-300 dpi or else it will look like one of those mosaic prints where up close it looks like a thousand small pictures that combine to make an image when you are looking at it 1000 ft away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back