A few nights shots... C&C would be nice!

bigtwinky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pierrebphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out again last night (the only time I seem to be able to go and take pictures) and snapped away in Old Montreal. Here are some of the better ones.

I tried playing with various exposures to get the sky different colours.

Comments...negative or positive... would be appreciated :)

3366369713_70c25790a1_b.jpg

3366545772_da169ef167_b.jpg

3365721755_ed1af1af26_b.jpg

3366545946_e7e8a0fbf2_b.jpg

I think they are all great shots, and since I don't usually take this kind of pic myself I won't get into C&C too deep, just wondering what level jpg you save them as, because I can see a lot of "blockiness" esp in the skies in a lot of these images.

BTW love the pink/purple colour in the second one :)

Number one is my favorite. I feel you captured the cityscape very well. The last one seems a bit flat and is lacking the visual stimulation the other 3 provide.

Number one is my favorite. I feel you captured the cityscape very well. The last one seems a bit flat and is lacking the visual stimulation the other 3 provide.

I really loved the look of the ship and had issues capturing a good photo. This is the best that came out. I do agree that it is kind of flat, maybe because the ship is in most of the frame instead of just 1 side?

just wondering what level jpg you save them as, because I can see a lot of "blockiness" esp in the skies in a lot of these images

Really low. I think in photoshop its a level 2? It gets in at around 300kb or so. The raws didn't seem blocky, I'll check them again.

Thanks for the comment!

Really low. I think in photoshop its a level 2? It gets in at around 300kb or so. The raws didn't seem blocky, I'll check them again.

Thanks for the comment!

No the RAWs wouldn't, that's the thing, it's saving at low res jpg afterwards that causes it :) You can save at up to level 12, from level 10 is considered "high res", the pics will be larger but I think it will be worth it for the improved quality, esp when they are nice pics, and taken in RAW to begin with :)

thanks for the tip. I've typically saved in low, a few times the 8-10 range when I have to submit something for a class.

I never noticed a major issue in the quality with the low, but I guess this sky makes the blockyness just stand out so much more

:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back