What's new

A few Noob shots... Looking for C&C

artwork37

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 14, 2010
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Location
Santa Maria, CA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a few Shots I've taken with my new T1i.. Just looking for thoughts and criticism... I'm new here and to photography so I'm still trying to figure out how everything works.


Brady by artwork37, on Flickr


Lopez by artwork37, on Flickr






 
Last edited:
The easier you make it for people to view your photos, the more responses you will get.

Having to click on them to enlarge the photos doesn't make it as easy as just scrolling larger photos does.

Also people are more apt to offer specific critique if you limit the number of photos to 2 or so per thread. Otherwise it becomes a job to offer anything specific.

For example - just one photo: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/227979-8-rhapsody.html
 
Got it... I tried to make the photos bigger but to no avail... maybe I need a different host?
 
Flickr allows you to choose the size you post and its free. Try them maybe. I am not familiar with your host. Sorry.
 
Both your works are good; my suggestion is that these two are of different genre; better post them in appropriate threads. I find you use Flickr; then why can't you right-click and opt "large" ?

Regards :D
 
There you go. Good for you!

#1 the white balance should have been set to tungsten to eliminate the strong orange cast. Our brains make adjustments for us that cameras can't make because they are uber stupid.

A couple of the first guidelines to learn is don't center subjects, get closer and turn the camera 90° (vertical format) for most people shots.

Here's are some visual image composition info: Guidelines for Better Photographic Composition: Introduction

#2 has fewer issues but for landscape shots, time of day is a consideration with maorning and evening (golden hours) preferred.
 
5266757983_a701f98851_b.jpg
 
Great photo shots now that they are larger... it really makes a difference
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom