A few of my bird shots

brianT

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.briantolin.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's three of my best bird shots, CC most welcome. I use the Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 VR2 (except for the last one-- #3). It's not the best lens. I was more impressed when I bought the lens earlier this year, but I find it's too soft, especially at 300mm.

Birds_011.jpg

Birds_019.jpg

Birds_010.jpg

three very nice shots really like #1

very nice photos

Nice series , I like the feather detail on the Waxing ....Bohemian I presume?
Honestly, I have no idea the names or species of birds. I've just seen these birds on walks and hikes.

Nice series , I like the feather detail on the Waxing ....Bohemian I presume?
Honestly, I have no idea the names or species of birds. I've just seen these birds on walks and hikes.

LOl I know what ya mean I was there not to long ago. If you keep shooting birds you find them quite addicting... but better than any drug habit.:lol:

1 Great Blue Heron
2 Bohemian Waxwing
3 European Starling (nuisance bird introduced to United States from Europe)

LOl I know what ya mean I was there not to long ago. If you keep shooting birds you find them quite addicting... but better than any drug habit.:lol:

Pretty good shots for not even knowing what you are aiming at....:lol:

Bird photography can be very addictive & I would recommend picking up a book or two and start learning. There are a few books on my shelf, but the first one I always find myself going to is Sibley's...I tend to use the others for confirmation. if it's species that are close.

Amazon.com: The Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America (9780679451204): David Allen Sibley, Rick Cech: Books

http://www.amazon.com/Sibley-Guide-...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1261365746&sr=8-1

The first one is titled "Eastern North America", but it covers most of N America since it deals with a great deal of migrating birds as well.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back