What's new

A few of my pics from the last 2 years, c&c please.

q.c

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Location
SK, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
most of these are straight from the camera, i might have done some minor editing on 1 or 2 tho

IMG_0276.jpg


IMG_1050.jpg


IMG_1057.jpg


IMG_0578.jpg


_MG_1735.jpg


IMG_0270.jpg
 
I enjoyed 1, 5, & 6.

1 & 6 would have been pro if not for cutting off the top of the fin in 6 and the terribad reflections in 1.
 
thx i'll keep that in mind next time. those 2 are a couple of the 1st shots i took when i got my new camera.
 
IMO the massive reflections in the car bodies of 1 & 6 are horrible for car images because the body lines get lost in the reflection.

If the goal of the shots was to highlight the reflections, that's another matter.

A circular polarizing filter on the lens is used to help control big reflections like those, if your main subject is the car.
 
thanks I looked at a few polarizing filters today, what's the difference I looked at a hoya that was 80 and one that was 110 would I be better off getting the one for 110 it said professional series but I dont know what the difference was between that and the 1st one i saw.
 
You want the ones that are MC (multi-coated) or SMC. The coatings help minimise flare and transmit light.
 
The last one, I really like.

The first one is good too. But I think cropping off the front of the car was a mistake.
 
I agree with KMH. I can barely see the flame design going down the side of the car in 1. I think with the reflection gone that would be good.

#3 looks like some of the background is blown out/overexposed.

#5 needs to be leveled ( atleast in my opinion )

Overall pretty good though. Good job.
 
I would edit out the power lines in #2 and level # 5. #1 is a good shot if you want the reflections, if not follow already said advice.
 
thx for the advice guys its greatly appreciated.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom