A few pinhole pictures...

Steph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Those were taken around pinhole day but not quite on the day (Zero 2000, Fuji Reala).

1 - Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire, UK

501079004_59652b4d23.jpg

2 - Minster Lovell, Oxfordshire, UK

501079026_5da1624be1.jpg

3 - Sutton Courtenay, Oxforshire, UK

501079028_a66dd5adb6.jpg

4 - Natural History Museum, London, UK

501079030_9d81409be6.jpg

C&C welcome. Thanks for looking.

I like them all but I swear there is no way to get into critique of a pinhole images. There is nothing else like it and if you haven't shot them you have no idea what one can do with them.

I have shot them and still have no idea what all one can do with them. These as just plain images would be very good. As pin hole photos I don't see how they could be any better.

Wow! This thread sunk to the bottom really quickly!!:wink: Mysteryscribe, thank you for your kind comments.​

I especially like the last one!

and it reminds me of my pinhole plans ;)

I absolutely LOVE the last one! (all are really fantastic though)

...a little soft, but I expect that's the pinhole effect.

Yes. You are right. If we could take perfectly sharp pictures through a simple hole we would not spend so much money on lenses.;) To me, pinhole photography is not about sharpness but more about infinite depth of field and long exposures.

To be perfectly honest pin hole or even paper negs require a great deal of luck... You never have any idea how the image will turn out, but you have invested so much time in it that it is a challenge to save something from it. That in itself makes them a great learning tool.

How do I make chicken salad from this chicken ****

Really good pinhole work, with rich colors and interesting subject matter - you nailed this series, Steph.

Always fun to see your pinhole work. :)

The last one is like being in a dream. Love it.

Fantastic! What was your exposure time on number 4? That last one is a real virtuoso performance.

Thank you. I cannot remember exactly the exposure time. In the 5-10 min range, I think. The museum was actually fairly crowded but as people were moving around they did not show on film.

I am still amazed at the kind of image you can get with just a hole in a box. Nice work, Steph

WOW those are actualy some pretty good images for a pinhole camera. I was expecting much lower quality and a lot of grainyness.
Wes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back