thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
here some i've done recently.

haven't been on in a while, alot of finals junk and business stuff keeping me off here :(

here's just a few from my most recent session...wasn't too happy with some of them unfortunately. it was kinda difficult keeping up with the kids so i turned out a little uncreative (that seems to be my problem lately)...anyway, here they are. some others might be coming later:

Mattingly010edit-sm.jpg

Mattingly044editbw-sm.jpg

Mattingly078edit-sm.jpg

Mattingly050edit-sm.jpg

Mattingly084edit-sm.jpg

oldersiblings-sm.jpg

Mattingly087edit-sm.jpg

thanks for bearing with me through all those, i probably should of put a 56k warning on that...

2,4,5,6 are AWESOME!!!!! :D Great job!!!

In #1, the only thing I dislike about the photo, is the path that is "growing" from their sides. It could just be me though, I think a little cloning could make it perfect! :)
Have you tried #3 in B&W? I think this pic would look GREAT b&w! :)

3 and 5 are my favorites because for 3, the positive and negative space work well together bringing negative space into the positive and 5 because the burn makes a nice halo around her face.

You have a knack of bringing out people's eyes! It so shows in 4 and 5.

I am not sure the white blouses really were to your/their advantage with regards to exposure ... made them as difficult to shoot as a swan in the sunshine...

And does the first show a halo from throwing the lasso tool around the group to brighten them up a bit or does it only look like it but is coincidentally so?

stunning!!! love them all.... looks like the kiddies were co-operating for you which is more than I can say for the 2yr old I shot on Saturday!!! Not even my 9yrs of child care experience or 5 yrs of mummy-hood helped! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!! x

Loving the DOF in all of them and your use of light!. ... want to share your PS. technique for the 2nd or the 4th.... did you lassoo then?????? They look awesome! Bet they were thrilled with these.

What camera/lens do you use?... x Sorry for all the questions but am a big admirer of your work and excited to see this post!

i like 5! good job man, and you never called back about the new mexico wedding punk!

only thing i see that i think could be improved is the spotty light in the last one in the background. are these all at the ranch golf course?

#4 & 5 are my favorites. I do agree there seems to be some evident post processing work, esp in #2 or maybe it was just the way the light was hitting the shirts?

thanks everybody!

that's weird that you say that about the post processing. what exactly does it look like?

maybe my monitor's messed up...like the halos around the family shot for instance. .i didn't do any vignetting in the picture i dont think...the bright light around them is just from backlighting (?)...in the second one i did a good bit of vignetting, just to give a different feel. is it necessarily bad, do you think? the clients actually loved that edit, but any opinions are welcome!

These are great! I really like the vignetting in the second one, i think it works well. Although i think the writing on the bottom of his shoes is slightly distracting, just because its so bright. Great series!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back