Eyes wide shut

antoniloskot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Comments & Critique wellcome :)
c.jpg

This picture is very interesting! Nice job. =)

This is very interesting. I really like it even tho' it seems a bit sinister! Great work.

Were those eyes painted on the walls?
The background, is a one of the paintings that surrounds the "Witkacy Theater" in Zakopane > Mountain Village in southern Poland. There are a lot of strange paintings, on the walls and bulidings nearby the Theater. I was looking for a way to show those big black eyes, and figured out it will by funny way to show them, with a girl standing in front of them ... that's how the idea came out.

I like the idea, a lot. But somehow it seems a bit off. I know you're connecting the girl and the eyes, but it doesn't grab me immediately. Maybe it's just me. Maybe the girl is too much to the right, or her head should be bigger (or that door has to go). I know, this isn't helping...

pascal

Excellent job. It's very difficult to make a picture with a large out of focus foreground obstruction work, but your subject matter works perfectly here.

I like the shot, but I feel that if she was standing directly in the middle of the eyes, it would be better.

Good shot.. i like it... welcome to the forum :thumbup:

being on center all the time is boring. it seems to me people want to critique on that just to say somthings wrong with it. if you feel otherwise you'd better start taking a transit with you everywhere you shoot and get it perfect! j/k. i like it, especially how its slightly off center. it lends to the imperfections and texture of the scene, it looks kind of gritty. eets gooood.

Well this photo is very interesting but I have to admit that I didn't notice the eyes on the wall at first until I read it on someones post. NOw that I see it I really understand and like this photo.

newrmdmike said:
being on center all the time is boring. it seems to me people want to critique on that just to say somthings wrong with it.

if you're reffering to my post, you misunderstood. I think this picture has an idea (bringing the girl and eyes together and them being one) and I think that it's not working, at least not as well as it could. So I'm suggesting a few things that may improve this, one of them being 'move the girl more to the left'. But all my suggestions are 'maybe', for I don't know if it will actually work. I'm not giving critique just to critique.

pascal

oldnavy170 said:
Well this photo is very interesting but I have to admit that I didn't notice the eyes on the wall at first until I read it on someones post. NOw that I see it I really understand and like this photo.

In all fairness, you should look at a photo for more than 1 second if you are going to seriously critique it. Photos are meant to be explored. I think the connection is made fairly easily if you look into the photo and look for a meaning, and not just an aesthetic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back