A Few Questions, Greatly Appreciated

Thanks for playing!

One of the most tiresome aspects of being a Mod (if not the most tiresome) is having to move posts that have been put in the wrong section.
A lot of time and effort has been put into giving clear titles and descriptors to the various sections to try to avoid people mis-posting but still it happens - and to such an extent that it is quite clear that people are in too much of a hurry to bother reading anything. They just post randomly in the first section they find.
Of course, it could be evidence that people are too stupid to understand what they are reading but I'm sure that isn't the case.
Those of us who have been around here for a few years can still remember the absolute mess this place got into because people didn't bother to read. And the fur that flew when it was sorted out.
For some reason people that wander in here and post willy-nilly seem to take exception to being told that they are messing the place up. Some of them feel they have the right to do as they please.
This is not the case.
One of the conditions of membership here is that you abide by the rules, and one of the rules is that you make sure you post in the correct section.
It's not rocket science.
And if people get a bit tetchy about it sometimes it is because they are fed up with repeating themselves over and over and over and over.... :roll:

And as it happens, I'm an atheist and I don't celebrate Christmas so I didn't get anything.
From where I'm sitting 'Christmas spirit' is nothing more than a cheap liquor with some chemical flavouring that only appears at this time of year - and is guaranteed to make you as sick as a parrot.
Bah! Humbug*! I say. :mrgreen:

*I think Bailey's is bringing out a humbug flavour next year. I can't wait...

Thanks for playing!

Exactly. Now that you have obviously reviewed the rules, maybe YOU will not break them or participate in an incorrectly placed topic next time around.

Kettle - Black and all that.

I am done with this. You can win by responding last. :mrgreen:

Last edited:
One of the most tiresome aspects of being a Mod (if not the most tiresome) is having to move posts that have been put in the wrong section.
A lot of time and effort has been put into giving clear titles and descriptors to the various sections to try to avoid people mis-posting but still it happens - and to such an extent that it is quite clear that people are in too much of a hurry to bother reading anything. They just post randomly in the first section they find.
Of course, it could be evidence that people are too stupid to understand what they are reading but I'm sure that isn't the case.
Those of us who have been around here for a few years can still remember the absolute mess this place got into because people didn't bother to read. And the fur that flew when it was sorted out.
For some reason people that wander in here and post willy-nilly seem to take exception to being told that they are messing the place up. Some of them feel they have the right to do as they please.
This is not the case.
One of the conditions of membership here is that you abide by the rules, and one of the rules is that you make sure you post in the correct section.
It's not rocket science.
And if people get a bit tetchy about it sometimes it is because they are fed up with repeating themselves over and over and over and over.... :roll:

And as it happens, I'm an atheist and I don't celebrate Christmas so I didn't get anything.
From where I'm sitting 'Christmas spirit' is nothing more than a cheap liquor with some chemical flavouring that only appears at this time of year - and is guaranteed to make you as sick as a parrot.
Bah! Humbug*! I say. :mrgreen:

*I think Bailey's is bringing out a humbug flavour next year. I can't wait...

I understand and know very well what you are saying. I was a moderator on a very large jeep and off-roading forum. One that had to take drastic measures because it was getting so out of hand. The biggest problem was people responding just like this to posts in the wrong spot. The site was so large within minutes there would be 40 posts of people belittling someone for putting something in the wrong forum. And of course people would get their feelings hurt as some of the post were extremely rude / profane (lot of what you might call from punks).

Now, this is no where near what was going on the other forum. But its how it started, and started rolling down hill from there. TPF has a system in place for inappropriate posts. If that system were to be used instead of everyone posting in the topic. Things like this would not come up! And believe me, it takes less work to move a post than to police a post, then edit or delete specific replies. They can get long very quick. And all the non pertinent replies just makes the situation worse!

And again, a little leeway never hurt anyone!

The other site shut down for a day. After discussion it was decided to bring in more moderators. They also instituted a pay for certain posting priviledges. But unfortunately they let in some of the (punks) as mods and that made the situation even worse. The majority of the calmer people went to another site including myself. I have checked in every now and then. And the rudeness is now the norm. And I would estimate half the site in now nothing but cut-downs and arguments. All the posters that actually knew about jeeps and trucks got tired of it and went to other sites. So now the site is full of rude / unhelpfull posters who half the time do not know what they are talking about. The people who did know, didn't want to deal with BS and left! So the site has lost its original intent and is now just a big soap opera with lots of misinformation. And people arguing over the misinformation. It's a mess!

Off, my soap box. Done with subject.

Have a safe and happy new year.

Last edited:
A mod can move this thread into its proper forum, so relax.

All I got this Christmas was 3 sweaters (am I getting old?) and some chocolate, and I'm in more of a Christmas spirit than you. Cheer up!

Not sure how old you are, but abraxas is, like me, quite frustrated at people randomly posting in the wrong sections. I also find it quite annoying, and while I am not picking on the OP of this thread, it *is* simple laziness and just rude to not take the time to at the very least post in the proper section.

If it is not, I think that I shall start exclusively posting ALL my future posts about lighting and technique in the photoshop section, and I expect you to read it, and I also expect it to be moved to the proper section by the mods, and I also expect answers BEFORE it is moved too.

... or maybe it is better if I took responsibility for my own actions and took 3 seconds to read the headers included in each section and post in the proper section?

I like to think we are all big boys and big girls... maybe we could act like it from time to time... lol. It all starts by posting in the proper section... its NOT rocket science!

Benhasajeep, thank you for being the voice of reason. I'm new and we really appreciate your help. For the frustrated experienced users it would probably be more helpful to your blood pressure and the misguided (whether lazy or just lost) if you would just inform them where to redirect their post. It would take less of your time, you wouldn't have to "repeat" your words of wisdom and the new and lost would still be getting the assistance they need. I know you can't read tone for the most part in words so i tell you that my post is with the most gentle of heart and purely humanitarian thoughts.

You were.
There is a beginners forum for questions like these. Maybe you could Google it too.
Try this;
"what does f mean"

How much more polite do you want it to get?
Would you like someone to hold your hand and maybe give you a LINK to the proper area too?

Ok, CLICK HERE.

Thanks for your understanding, have a nice day, we all love you for being lazy and irrespective of the rules.

See you in the other forum... wait, I don't go there, so don't worry about me. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back