a few questions ..

Fleacz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hey guys i have a panasonic DMC-G10 and i notice there is something called exposure bracketing. can someone tell me what that is exactly? also, I've seen some people refer to some lens as "landscape lenses". what do they mean by landscape lenses? i'm guessing it has to do with smaller aperture, but i just wanna be sure. thanks.

I think that some people refer to a "landscape" lens as a lens with a short focal length ... as many landscape images are captured using a wide angle of view.

Exposure bracketing is taking pictures of the same scene or subject with different F Stops or Aperture settings. There will usually be one taken at the camera meter recommended exposure and a one or two taken at a lighter and darker exposure. This gives you a variety of shots to choose from. Exposure bracketing can be done automatically by the camera or you can do it yourself manually.

I think that when someone refers to a landscape lens, they would be referring to a wide angle fixed focal length lens since that is the best type of lens to use for landscapes. They are usually pretty sharp.
Keith
Easy Basic Photography

Exposure bracketing is taking pictures of the same scene or subject with different F Stops or Aperture settings.
Easy Basic Photography

Not exactly correct.

Exposure bracketing is when the photographer takes exposures on either side of the 'recommended' exposure. This can be done by changing the aperture or by changing the shutter speed. On static subjects (landscape, etc), changing shutter speed is preferred because changing aperture changes the depth of field, thus making blending the images more difficult.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back