A few questions

noire

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I'm sorta new to photography, I've been reading a lot of books though and I've taken a few classes. My dad has a minolta SRT-201 from the 70's that I've been using and I really like the idea of shooting with an older camera. I'm interested in buying my own and I'm not sure what to get. I have a pretty small budget though (under 100$ and preferably under 50$) and I'm looking for another 35mm SLR. Any advice on what kind of camera to get?

Another thing I've been wondering about is the falcon mini. I like that older grainy effect but the falcon overdoes it a bit and I think I want something that can get that effect but a little clearer and a little more dependable. What kind of camera can I get to geta grainy, rough, dirty effect.

Ok, last thing, althugh the falcon take sub-par pictures as far as clearness, it's so cheap and cool looking that I think I might just buy it anyway. It takes 127mm film and I was wondering how hard that is to find.

- Thanks

The pentax k1000 and the pentax ME Super both are great starter cameras that are built like a panzer tank and are highly recommended for beginners looking for 35mm. I'd suggest looking on ebay for a well maintained camera and you can probably find them in good shape for that price range. Might also look into a Canon AE1.

thanks for the help, I went with the AE1 but the one I got has a slightly chipped battery door, it looked alright and doesn't take away from the functionality plus I can get another one for like 4 bucks. Would a new one be easy to install though?

Most reactions

Back