A few recent photos

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been busy trying to get the photography in full swing while working full time and going to tax school. Surprisingly its been a fun challenge! Any who, here are a few recent photos. Nothing ground breaking but I always enjoy sharing with you all and hearing some critique and thoughts.

Very nice set, Colton!

I think I'd like the texture better if it was more subtle, so it doesn't stand out quite so much.

I'd be aware of checking the hair throughout the session so the model/subject or you can arrange it periodically (such as where it's along the neckline probably from her having moved around). I'd watch too so the ends of strands of hair on the other side of the face aren't sticking out/down and showing.

I think I'd like the texture better if it was more subtle, so it doesn't stand out quite so much.

I'd be aware of checking the hair throughout the session so the model/subject or you can arrange it periodically (such as where it's along the neckline probably from her having moved around). I'd watch too so the ends of strands of hair on the other side of the face aren't sticking out/down and showing.

Hair is the bane of my existence. I try to keep track of it but sometimes im paying more attention to focus/composition/light and it slips through. I try and clean up any across the face and then tire of fixing it hahaha

Next overlay I use, ill try some lighter opacities and see how they look. Maybe I should start at 0 and work up rather than from 100 down

Very nice set.
She has a beautiful EJ vein in #3.
I would love to drop an 18g in it.

Jason you gotta get out of that ambulance more often! lol good to know you're good at your job though.

What about having a mirror handy and the subject/model keeping a comb/brush and makeup on hand? as needed to check and touch up as you go. (Obviously us girls are used to checking our hair so we probably have it in mind.)

What about having a mirror handy and the subject/model keeping a comb/brush and makeup on hand? as needed to check and touch up as you go. (Obviously us girls are used to checking our hair so we probably have it in mind.)

good idea! the wife (the third lady) does nothing but touch her hair and mess with it constantly. gets frustrating to work with her haha

Very nice.. my only nitpick is under the eyes on the first seem rather desaturated due to her makeup I think.. especially her right eye on the left hand side there..

Very nice.. my only nitpick is under the eyes on the first seem rather desaturated due to her makeup I think.. especially her right eye on the left hand side there..

thats my lack of skill with editing. she had dark gray bags under her eyes. I posted on here about how to edit it out and got some great feed back but with it being a new to me technique, it still lacks but ill get better over time :)

if youre curious heres the thread: How to edit under the eye | Photography Forum

I changed some things around on my flickr page so the linked photos no longer exist but youll be able to see what was going on from quotes and fixes

thats my lack of skill with editing. she had dark gray bags under her eyes. I posted on here about how to edit it out and got some great feed back but with it being a new to me technique, it still lacks but ill get better over time :)

if youre curious heres the thread: How to edit under the eye | Photography Forum

I changed some things around on my flickr page so the linked photos no longer exist but youll be able to see what was going on from quotes and fixes

Ah I see.. maybe try some selective warming / saturation?

IMO, really mixed set.

This is only the opinion of one opinionated, cranky guy so take or discard whatever you like.

First one is OK but sort of bland expression
Second is an attempt at kicking up the interest or not but the only interesting stuff is at the top; the bottom 3/4 is placid hands, disarrayed dress, no emotion or feeling or tension in any way.

upload_2015-10-9_19-15-20.png

Next, stupendous wonderful eyes in lovely face, but jammed up in the corner.
Plus a really obvious crease on the lower corner that attracts attention but not in a good way.
Big tilt for no obvious reason.

upload_2015-10-9_19-17-38.png

#4 is really getting there.
Glorious eyes grab the viewer's attention.
A bit more detail in the forehead would help a bit, that texture on the shouldier is quite a bit much and her one breast just poking out there just doesn't work - and isn't needed.

upload_2015-10-9_19-20-55.png

#5 a bit too much skin work for my taste.

#6 is just great and is a real keeper.
It all comes together.
Pose is great. her hands grasping the flower, the tension between the flowe and her eyes - all great.
You might consider putting a mask on the texture layer and removing the texture from her face and hands and fading it out on her hair.
Very, very nice.

IMO, really mixed set.

This is only the opinion of one opinionated, cranky guy so take or discard whatever you like.

First one is OK but sort of bland expression
Second is an attempt at kicking up the interest or not but the only interesting stuff is at the top; the bottom 3/4 is placid hands, disarrayed dress, no emotion or feeling or tension in any way.

View attachment 109524

Next, stupendous wonderful eyes in lovely face, but jammed up in the corner.
Plus a really obvious crease on the lower corner that attracts attention but not in a good way.
Big tilt for no obvious reason.

View attachment 109525

#4 is really getting there.
Glorious eyes grab the viewer's attention.
A bit more detail in the forehead would help a bit, that texture on the shouldier is quite a bit much and her one breast just poking out there just doesn't work - and isn't needed.

View attachment 109526

#5 a bit too much skin work for my taste.

#6 is just great and is a real keeper.
It all comes together.
Pose is great. her hands grasping the flower, the tension between the flowe and her eyes - all great.
You might consider putting a mask on the texture layer and removing the texture from her face and hands and fading it out on her hair.
Very, very nice.

Love all the comments so please don't feel like a cranky guy. It all helps to bring out potential flaws/mistakes so please share. Im still learning.

unfortunately with the first girl, she failed to show emotion the entire shoot despite direction. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

The second lovely lady is um, VERY busty so it really shows through in the entire set

A couple of drinks might have helped her.

Your wife's (?) eyes are terrific and she looks as if she has smooth regular features. She looks as if she might have long delicate hands and fingers. A straight on shot with her chin on top of hands would highlight her eyes, features and gracile hands.

Very nice set.
She has a beautiful EJ vein in #3.
I would love to drop an 18g in it.

Jason you gotta get out of that ambulance more often! lol good to know you're good at your job though.

He can't help it Sharon, he used to be a vampire. He is the vampire that the "Twilight" books are based off of!!! :biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back