Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C Welcome

7092040945_00b65a7829_b.jpg

6945972206_5dac6bd601_b.jpg

7090362527_e3a5e70cd9_b.jpg

7030505233_74c3902402_b.jpg

6110720929_81b7c2a2a7_b.jpg

1) what is this a picture of? Why did you decide to take it? She is looking down and I follow her line of sight directly out of the frame. I want to see what she is looking at- without that story, it is a pointless image.

2) typical "mommy goggle" type of image. The background is very distracting and it is pretty unoriginal although there is not much wrong technically.

3) I like this one the most. The eyes don't flow out of the frame like they did in the first one and the is interest generated by the blue tipped finger. This images gives a bit of emotion.

4) I have always loathed this type of processing but I like the concept of the shot. I will let someone else critique it for you because I don't care for any shots in this style and thus never reallly pay attention to them. I will say that having the girls feet out of the frame was a mistake by my book. Either do a tighter crop or include them.

5)under exposed and again, my eyes do not stay on the image, they are immediately pushed off the frame by the direction of the gaze. This is also a very strange and unflattering pose for your subject.

Overall, I would say that you are getting somewhere. Get rid of that annoying logo on all of your images though, there is no need for it and it is pretty distracting in some of the shots.

The watermark makes everything better.

The watermark makes everything better.

I have a watermark too... Does that add to the quality of all photos, or just the OP's? ;)

Two is money... needs a tighter crop and a less busy background though.

I really like #2, person in the dress behind him doesn't bother me, I think it adds context to the picture...I wish she was talking to someone else though-. the person in the blue shirt ruins it with that akward hand

But what do I know, I'm a noob! :D

1) what is this a picture of? Why did you decide to take it? She is looking down and I follow her line of sight directly out of the frame. I want to see what she is looking at- without that story, it is a pointless image.

It is a picture of my sister. I took it because I did. Do you plan every single shot perfectly before you click? It was a holiday and I was snapping pictures the whole day, and I happen to like it plain and simple. Not every picture has to be "original" either, as you pointed out in #2. Sometimes people want that normal picture.

Other than that thanks for the critique.

I really like #2, person in the dress behind him doesn't bother me, I think it adds context to the picture...I wish she was talking to someone else though-. the person in the blue shirt ruins it with that akward hand

But what do I know, I'm a noob! :D
Sometimes the 'noobs' have a better natural eye than the seasoned technically leaning pro's out there! I never discount a critique from anyone!

#'s 2 and 4 really work for me.
2 because I love that it's so automatic, and natural. That's a kid that loves being a kid!
$ because it's casual, sensual without being sexual. I love your choice in PP.

#1 Just a pic, like you said. A bit underexposed like others have said. Doesn't really tell me anything, but it doesn't have to either. I think if it was a bit brighter it might speak a little more. IDK?

#2 I like it all around! Seeing it next to the others, the processing seems heavy, but alone it would stand up nicely. The background elements make me think "Back yard BBQ" with kids running all over and the "moms" watching over them. Looks like he might have a whole mouth full of Hawiian Punch that he's going to spray at his little brother. haha

#3 I like this one as well. Be a good photo for Coach. (Maybe that's what you were going for?) To be a little picky, there are some spots I probably would have cloned out and maybe smoothed a little. The speck just under her lip kinda bugs me and the spot on her nose. As well as the two creases in between her eyes. Those details aren't prevalent enough for me to keep them there as "character" for the subject. I think I would just touch up the eyes a little too. Whiten the whites and pop the pupils a little. Since the eyes are basically the center of attention for the whole photo I think it would help it pop. (just do what you did to the kid's eyes in #2)

#4 I agree on the crop as someone else mentioned. It doesn't ruin it for me but I would like to see the whole leg if I could. I imagine she had some type of sexy heel on that would have helped sell the emotion in the photo. The processing doesn't bother me although it does seem a little flat. But maybe that's what you were going for. The bruise on her leg is kinda distracting me. I like how the model connected to the camera.

#5 Meh... I'm assuming this might be you. (the OP) The lighting idea is headed in the right direction. But like other's said, the framing and pose isn't working for me. Maybe if the photo was edited into some other context it might work? I wish the eyes had some catch light in them and overall bump the photo exposure up.

It is a picture of my sister. I took it because I did. Do you plan every single shot perfectly before you click? It was a holiday and I was snapping pictures the whole day, and I happen to like it plain and simple. Not every picture has to be "original" either, as you pointed out in #2. Sometimes people want that normal picture.

Other than that thanks for the critique.

That is fine but it makes the shot nothing more than a snap shot. I do take snap shots too but I put a lot of work and forethought into all of my photographs.

I just was saying what I thought of the images, not what YOU should think of them. Take it for what it is worth.

Thanks for all the comments. Trying to learn and keep progressing. #5 is not me however. It's my father and doesn't take direction very well so I worked with what I had. I do agree that some are under exposed. #4 is a bit over processed but that's what she was going for, so I gave her what she wanted.

Most reactions

Back