A few shots from the last week or 2

Hmmm. I still doubt it has ever - in the past 1 million years - been THIS large when that high up ... no matter the length of lens being used to capture it.

Really? I know every once in a great while - it seems like about once a year or so, that I will see the moon absolutely HUGE - about this size, and about that high up. That actually doesn't look that high up from the horizon (relatively speaking) compared to what it can get up to.

When I see the huge full moons though, it usually isn't in the day like that, it's usually an hour or two after twilight, and they're almost always a brilliant yellow-orange.

The moon is that big when taken very close to the horizon at 400mm :)

The moon there is very low on the horizon, about 10-15 min after coming up. You only have about a 5 minute window to get shots with both the moon and horizon with a 400mm lens so you have to plan ahead, knowing when and where it rises. Of course it's only one day a month you can get it as well, just have to hope it's clear ;)

It was a 2 shot panorama taken with the camera portrait style.

The moon is that big when taken very close to the horizon at 400mm :)

That's what I thought.

I'm surprised at the IQ of the horse and rider shot at ISO 800. Quite a step up from my 300D.

Do you have an online portfolio or blog? I'd like to see more of your shots.

Most reactions

Back