What's new

A few shots from the last week or 2

Hmmm. I still doubt it has ever - in the past 1 million years - been THIS large when that high up ... no matter the length of lens being used to capture it.

Really? I know every once in a great while - it seems like about once a year or so, that I will see the moon absolutely HUGE - about this size, and about that high up. That actually doesn't look that high up from the horizon (relatively speaking) compared to what it can get up to.

When I see the huge full moons though, it usually isn't in the day like that, it's usually an hour or two after twilight, and they're almost always a brilliant yellow-orange.
 
The moon is that big when taken very close to the horizon at 400mm :)

The moon there is very low on the horizon, about 10-15 min after coming up. You only have about a 5 minute window to get shots with both the moon and horizon with a 400mm lens so you have to plan ahead, knowing when and where it rises. Of course it's only one day a month you can get it as well, just have to hope it's clear ;)

It was a 2 shot panorama taken with the camera portrait style.
 
The moon is that big when taken very close to the horizon at 400mm :)

That's what I thought.

I'm surprised at the IQ of the horse and rider shot at ISO 800. Quite a step up from my 300D.

Do you have an online portfolio or blog? I'd like to see more of your shots.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom