A few shots from this morning

existence02

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went for a hike this morning along a trail in a local park. Took a bunch of shots, but these are four of my favorites. C&C appreciated!

dsc0040m.jpg

dsc0015hvj.jpg

dsc0028x.jpg

dsc0023iav.jpg

#1 The sky looks blown out in the middle

#2 I know you're going for a shallow DOF, but the part that is suppposed to be in focus is still a bit soft

All of them seem a tad underexposed. I like the composition on the first 2.

#2 was my absolute favorite from the entire day until I pulled it up in photoshop and noticed that the subject is too soft. I am so aggravated with myself for not catching that in camera and reshooting it.

As for the exposure problem you pointed out I agree based on the images as posted. To my eye the RAW files and even the JPEGs before being uploaded to the internet look about right.

I have a lot of years of experience in graphic design with photoshop, but really am just learning to use it for pp. Maybe there is something that I'm not doing correctly to optimize the image? I've never had an issue with any of my graphics uploading differently though. I'm just really not sure. Maybe it is an exposure problem that I need to take care of in camera. This is only my second photo shoot with a DSLR and I'm still learning how to read lighting conditions and find the right settings.

#2 was my absolute favorite from the entire day until I pulled it up in photoshop and noticed that the subject is too soft. I am so aggravated with myself for not catching that in camera and reshooting it.
It would be hard to tell if it's in focus or not by just looking at the LCD on the back of the camera.

Did you hand hold this shot? The 1/10th shutter speed would be hard for anyone to hand hold and get a sharp image. You could up the ISO speed and open up the aperture to get the shutter speed up next time.

Most reactions

Back