A few shots from yesterdays shoot with a VW and a Civic. C&C please.

CBURKE

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You need to seperate your background more in 2 & 3...

Not sure how good these were going to be anyway with a VW and a Civic! :lmao: ;)

2 has a lot of reflection. I think the photo would be improved by significantly reducing the reflection of the sky in the window. Were you using a polarizer filter? Also, the shot is composed nicely, but like MissCream said, if you were to give it a shallower depth of field like images 1 and 4 it would look more dynamic and bring more emphasis to the car.

Nice photos, though. I'm really diggin' on 4 and I love the color of the cars.

2 has a lot of reflection. I think the photo would be improved by significantly reducing the reflection of the sky in the window. Were you using a polarizer filter? Also, the shot is composed nicely, but like MissCream said, if you were to give it a shallower depth of field like images 1 and 4 it would look more dynamic and bring more emphasis to the car.

Nice photos, though. I'm really diggin' on 4 and I love the color of the cars.

Thank you! I was not using a polarizer filter because I was using a 17-40mm and it was not mine. I did use one on my 18-55mm but that shot was not takin with that lens.

Last edited:
I would just change the location where they were shot. The backgrounds do nothing for the shot. Better off parking them in the alley and shooting them there to give it a different look. Find an empty parking lot by beach etc. and shoot where you will have less distractions.
I like the angle (low) on the first shot but would include the entire car and turn the wheel in a little to show the rims on the VW.
-
Shoot well, Joe

You need to seperate your background more in 2 & 3...

Not sure how good these were going to be anyway with a VW and a Civic! :lmao: ;)

In 3 he was dead center in 2 I see what you mean.

And you must be a Mustang girl lol J/k

Hahaha NOOOooooo. I love my Hondas, just not Civics :p

I would also consider cropping image 3. The background is dominating the picture. The pole at the right is going into a the images corner, which is generally something you want to avoid in a composition. But the image has a lot of potential because of the good use of the building as an interior frame for the car.

I would just change the location where they were shot. The backgrounds do nothing for the shot. Better off parking them in the alley and shooting them there to give it a different look. Find an empty parking lot by beach etc. and shoot where you will have less distractions.
I like the angle (low) on the first shot but would include the entire car and turn the wheel in a little to show the rims on the VW.
-
Shoot well, Joe

I agree with the spot but it just got done raining and I was not sure how much time we had before it was going to again. On the first shot I got what I was shooting for, the wheel offset. I wanted to show how much wheel he had under there.

You should upload some more shots from the shoot if you have them.

PS, shots from the shoot is fun to say.

I would also consider cropping image 3. The background is dominating the picture. The pole at the right is going into a the images corner, which is generally something you want to avoid in a composition. But the image has a lot of potential because of the good use of the building as an interior frame for the car.

I was thinking the same thing about the pole but like you said it made a frame for the car so I did not crop it. I wish I could have got it in a different possession, but I didn't.

You can see what I was working with

VW & Civic by cburke.industries, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back