A few shots from yesterdays shoot with a VW and a Civic. C&C please.

Ahhh, I see. I think the initial shot would have been improved if you cropped it inward toward the car and showed a little more of the ground plane to balance it out. Also, it might be interesting if you desaturated the background in photoshop to make the vibrancy of the car's color pop.

Yeah, I took like 20 lol!

I know but I am doing this without PS. I don't really have any photo editing software yet.

Well these look great for not having been edited. Six is a really effective use of that building as an interior frame for the VW. The main criticism I have is that the backgrounds are distracting. I would bring the f-stop down in most of these.

review of the shots from post #1
pic 1. I'd like to see a little more space at the bottom of the frame. I think the edge of the frame is a little too close to the tire, it may look better if the center of the wheel was at the 1/3 cross point.
3. I think this would look better if the car was higher in the frame, you have the center of the front wheel at the vertical 1/3 but it may help if it was closer to the horizontal 1/3 also (showing more ground beneath the car). Also, the headlights and some of the building are overexposed. Also, it would help if the wheel was turned with the rim facing the camera more.
4. I like the logo being on the left side of the frame but think it would have more impact if it was lower and showed more of the top of the steering wheel across the top.

Well these look great for not having been edited. Six is a really effective use of that building as an interior frame for the VW. The main criticism I have is that the backgrounds are distracting. I would bring the f-stop down in most of these.

First time using the 17-40mm. I'll work on all this! Thanks for all the comments, it only makes me better.

nice vdub, i drive an 08 air bagged rabbit

Most reactions

New Topics

Back