A few shots of my new toy :D

Nikon_Dude

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
CC is always welcome on any pictures I post, but I really just want to show off my new baby :mrgreen::

6980823529_9ec9f1c0f8_b.jpg

6980824003_60c5e5270d_b.jpg

6980824163_e1a43f1bed_b.jpg

6980824465_9ce5e03e34_b.jpg

6980824809_356c126e86_b.jpg

First impression is that the bullet looks really weird where it is.

I put it there to elevate the gun from the table a bit. It's something I've seen commonly done on pictures of handguns, sometimes with a pen or a screwdriver or whatever.

A few questions:
1) how many megapixels?
2) what's its performance like in low light

I won't ask about the resolution - I'm pretty sure it has good "resolving" power

Beautiful weapon.

A few questions:
1) how many megapixels?

I won't ask about the resolution - I'm pretty sure it has good "resolving" power

1) .45
2) not sure, can't tell from the pictures if it has night sights or not.

Beautiful weapon.

A few questions:
1) how many megapixels?

1) .45
2) not sure, can't tell from the pictures if it has night sights or not.

You are correct, it is a .45
And it does have Trijicon night sights.

These all look under-exposed to me. Nice-looking 1911. I like the somewhat soft, slow recoil of .45 ACP over that of the newer, higher-pressure calibers developed over the last 30 years. Hard to believe the old design is now 101 years old and still goin' strong!!!

I prefer the even older .45 Long Colt, myself. Something about a nice, single action six shooter... Just wish I could justify paying the money for an actual Colt SAA instead of the clone I have. Nothing wrong with semi-auto either, however. Fine piece of hardware.

Very nice. I have it's much older brother: (Original 1911, circa 1915 Springfield Armory)

P9190211.jpg

Moved to the General Gallery per new guidelines for the Beginner's Forum.

Read the new Beginners Forum description when you get a chance.

I really like the quality of the image...but i fully agree with Natalie that there is something awkward in placing the bullet there...hmm...it looks like a dog's something there ;)

Regards :D

That's pertty! A 1911 is on my list some day. I have a Springfield XD9. Springfield makes some great firearms. I wish they were still assembled here in the US though.

That's pertty! A 1911 is on my list some day. I have a Springfield XD9. Springfield makes some great firearms. I wish they were still assembled here in the US though.

The Springfield Armory of today is NOT the Springfield Armory of yesteryear. The current owners bought the name out of bankruptcy. I too have an XD9, and it's a fine firearm.

They are serviced in Geneseo IL though, so all modifications and warrenty work are handled in the USA.

Really I was not aware it was not the same company. I was aware they are serviced and based here in the US, just sucks the assembly is done in Croatia.

Most reactions

Back